36' outlaw >

36' outlaw

Notices

36' outlaw

Old 02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

$49K seems like a good deal for a 36 with Bulldogs.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaboatnut
Wheres the pics of this boat? If you don't mind me asking. Best of luck on the purchase Mike
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...odle&BAC-Oodle
Old 02-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Registered

$49K seems pretty cheap, but looking at the pictures it looks like it needs a fair amount of work also. And no trailer.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paulb32
I'm sure your aware of salt issues down there. I'd suggest pull the t-stat housing and see how corroded the intake is. And notice the exhaust has been changed at least once. It may be time again for those alum manifolds too.
The rest of the boat looks pretty decent for a florida boat though, at least in the photo''s.
Compresssion test & leak down test. Those motors still run strong even with weaker cylinders, you don't know unless you have those #'s.
I would agree 100% with this statement and HIGHLY recommend getting this boat checked by a mechanic as well as surveyed by someone reputable not someone the place you are doing the deal suggests. You could be buying a nightmare either due to rot or bad motors both with cost you more than your paying for the boat.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Registered

looks like a headache to me.. i would get something newer for the money
Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 AM
VIP Member

As with buying anything that is older, make sure to have a "bugdet" for hidden problems. If you are cutting it close at spending 50K for a boat, you should be looking at boats in the 35K range. Unless you buy new with warrantees, stepping up to a bigger, older twin engine boat will require some rainy day funds down the road.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered

Default 36 outlaw

GUYS, thanks for all the good input, it all makes sense...I have looked at the boat twice and now the dealer tells me it is on consignment,,,,they don't own it AND I could put my boat on his lot to sell because I can't trade it into the owner of the 36'...So the deal is off...I'm p....off because they wasted my time...and I guess it's typical of maybe all these boat dealers....they seem to be doing business as usual...and with the economy the way it is..you would just think the games would stop for now!!!! As I think about it...she needed fiberglass work-vinal seat work-dash gauges needed work-AND I thought Merc bulldogs were 542 cu---these are blue 502/500HP moters???? THANKS for all the thoughts and comment......Mike Tampa Bay!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 12:52 PM
VIP Member

Those are not Bulldog motors as advertised, they are regular HP 500's.

You are smart to keep looking.

I just don't get people these days. If I had something to sell, I would make it as easy as I could for you to spend money with me.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Registered

I found a mint 98 36 outlaw with the 500's but their asking 79k seemed too high for that old. Advertied 100 hours, contacted dealer and he says its close but the hour meter isn't hooked up, but the owner only uses 2 time a yr. Cmon really liked the boat too.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bajaboatnut
I found a mint 98 36 outlaw with the 500's but their asking 79k seemed too high for that old. Advertied 100 hours, contacted dealer and he says its close but the hour meter isn't hooked up, but the owner only uses 2 time a yr. Cmon really liked the boat too.
As for hours that is only a number. It helps you know when to change the oil but if a boat has really been kept up and it looks good and runs good I would not let hours be a factor. I know of a 38 Scarab with over 500 hours and I would not hesitate to purchase it if it was for sale. The owner has had it since new and it gets everything it needs every year and runs and looks perfect.

Good luck with the search

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.