correct prop and blow out >

correct prop and blow out

Notices

correct prop and blow out

Old 04-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default correct prop and blow out

Ihave a 272 1995 model lost oil pressure did not beleave guage so now i have a Dart Block 540 with stock heads and 502 415 hrp original engine mpi had new motor dynoed maded 530 hp the old prop is 25 pitch 3 blade bravo this prop it turns 5200 rpm trimed out but any time i go full gas 3000 t0 4000 prop blows out and have to go to less rpm and let prop bite. Does anyone have same setup or close to and what prop are you running
Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your going to want a 4 blade.

I have a 94 272 that I swapped stock power for a Mercury Racing HP500, and I am in the middle of prop testing, I tried one 3 blade prop, a Mirage Plus 25P, and it blew out every single time I gave any decent throttle. All of the 4 blades bite right out of the hole, and feel much much more comfortable.

I would say in your case with 530HP on dyno, your looking at approx 500HP at the propshaft. I would start with a 26P Bravo 4 Blade, (Maybe a labbed version too).
Old 04-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I understood that our "old" deep x boats ran best with the three blade to "carry the bow"???

I'm spinning a M+ 23 labbed by Bblades. It never blows out, but I dont have 500 HP at the shaft either. Is my memory incorrect?