Bravo water pickup >

Bravo water pickup

Notices

Bravo water pickup

Old 04-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Bravo water pickup

I recently raised my x dim, my propshaft centerline went from 8" below to 5". Some people have told me I will need to block off the top 2 holes and modify the bottom holes. Others have told me to try it and see what happens. Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put a water pickup on your transom and block off the pickup on your drive...
Old 04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffswav
I recently raised my x dim, my propshaft centerline went from 8" below to 5". Some people have told me I will need to block off the top 2 holes and modify the bottom holes. Others have told me to try it and see what happens. Anyone have any experience with this?
I don't think at 5" you will have any real problems. That is still not an aggressive height.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

The consensus from everyone on all the different sites is to try it first before doing any mods. I have all 16an lines for water, I will have to see what type of fittings are available. I have a hand held fuel pressure gage, I think it may work for water, I will do a little more research.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

My stock bravo 1X had a depth of 6" before current mods....no issues
Old 04-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Yeah, try it first and see how it goes and then take it from there.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Run it.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Registered

Now keep this in mind, I have the standard side pickups, this is NOT a low water pickup drive. Just looks as though at higher speed the water would miss the top holes.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:33 AM
Registered

There is no way to find out if you have an issue or not, other than running it first to find out.

If you don't want to do that, then you can put a transom mount pickup on it to feed the engine. BUT you still want a way of circulating the water through the drive, so that would mean putting a fitting on the inside of the transom assembly, then a through hull fitting to dump the water back out. I've seen where some people use this as a make shift drive shower. The general consensus I've read on this is that you definitely still want the water running through the drive, regardless if you are using it for engine cooling as well or not.

I'm doing the same thing that you just did, moving my X up to 18 inches. I plan to run it first prior to going to a transom pickup or plugging the top two holes, fwiw.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
There is no way to find out if you have an issue or not, other than running it first to find out.

If you don't want to do that, then you can put a transom mount pickup on it to feed the engine. BUT you still want a way of circulating the water through the drive, so that would mean putting a fitting on the inside of the transom assembly, then a through hull fitting to dump the water back out. I've seen where some people use this as a make shift drive shower. The general consensus I've read on this is that you definitely still want the water running through the drive, regardless if you are using it for engine cooling as well or not.

I'm doing the same thing that you just did, moving my X up to 18 inches. I plan to run it first prior to going to a transom pickup or plugging the top two holes, fwiw.
This is the same info I have been getting from others. Just tyring to be pro-active if somone else has already tried the same thing on a similar boat. Always good to get as many opinions as posible then make a decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.