Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

nice video!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice boat too!
Brian, give us some ballpark numbers on what a weekend of boating costs for fuel. If you don't mind.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff32
you know what? that's how I fell about triple. I wish I had one . I believe it's not much more diffence in gas... BUT, I think I'm in the ''scared group', of people, until I take a ride with my twin boat to a certain spot, followed by a triple, doing the same route, same speed, and then compare... I'd be really curious to see the $$$ difference !
I also have to agree.... I personally would only go with triples if the boat was 44' or larger..... Since I do all he maintenance on the gun, I couldnt handle playing left hand on yellow, Twister... in the bilge of a tripple....
2 cents..
Jr.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
I also have to agree.... I personally would only go with triples if the boat was 44' or larger..... Since I do all he maintenance on the gun, I couldnt handle playing left hand on yellow, Twister... in the bilge of a tripple....
2 cents..
Jr.
Our engine compartment is huge on the 42. I took a shot of the dash this weekend talking a stroll down the lake at 35 mph running under 2,500.
Attached Thumbnails baja 40 triple  opinion-speedo35.jpg  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered

I think my next boat will be a trip 40 outlaw or trip 43 Scarab AVS.
I like the idea of lower rpm cruise, the look at me factor of having 3 of everything and the increased chance of having more than one working powerplant to get me back home.
three is two, two is one & one is none.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I think my next boat will be a trip 40 outlaw or trip 43 Scarab AVS.
I like the idea of lower rpm cruise, the look at me factor of having 3 of everything and the increased chance of having more than one working powerplant to get me back home.
three is two, two is one & one is none.
In your case that is three of every thing you can break

Heck I've never worried about getting back as much as going out. I left to head to the cove in our 33 when I only had one motor from my slip. You have to want to boat and you can figure it out.

I've heard your next boat will be a 35 OL with 700's, a cat and now a triple engine boat

Hey I sure wasn't looking for a triple engine blower boat in a beak, some times things just happen

So far I've been pretty impressed with the boat and the easy of driving the triples have been. The motors are not that bad on fuel if you stay out of the boost. This weekend will be a good test weather looks good at LOTO and I think it's going to be pretty busy.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered

I'm never going to get a new boat, Ed. Never.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Nice boat too!
Brian, give us some ballpark numbers on what a weekend of boating costs for fuel. If you don't mind.
There is a big difference depending on how you run it.

Example: last year we went out to Desert Storm, spent the week before running Lake Mojave, Filled up on Sunday, ran almost constantly for 4 days, went everywhere. Spent 3/4 tank of fuel (300 GAllons) filled up Ran the Poker run on Friday (WOT almost the whole time), then a few hours on Saterday, brought it back almost empty!

That is 4 days vs. 6 hours....

Generally speaking we fill up when we get to the lake on Thursday, run ALL weekend (till Monday and still have about 1/4 tank left) But I like to run, going from Big Dicks to Coconuts, the dam, etc is not uncommon for us..

Now that I have totally not answered... Let me put it this way, running regular speed 50 mph about 3800rpm, The fuel is the same as our 33 was at the same speed. Take it to about 4200 it begins to drink it like a toilet bowl flushing.

But to put it into even better perspective, for the same amount of horsepower/speed out of a twin, I would have to be running 575's and they use way more gas and are working much harder than my little triples.

The biggest savings is in drive life, with the smaller motors and more efficiantly running in the water, we have had much better wear than when running bigger motors in the twins.

And NOT breaking parts, is the best way to boat... (of course waiting on your parts to come in does save substantially on your fuel budget!)