272 Boss VS 25 Outlaw >

272 Boss VS 25 Outlaw

Notices

272 Boss VS 25 Outlaw

Old 06-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 272 Boss VS 25 Outlaw

The wife and I have decided to upgrade our boat. We have been looking at both the 272 Boss and 25 Outlaw. We have not been on either yet. What are the main differences in the hulls if any? How do the cuddys and cockpit areas compare for roominess? It will be used mostly at a local lake except for twice a year when we head down to the Ozarks so I would like it to perform well in the rough. Any experience and or opinions are appreciated.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered

I cannot speak much for the 272/275 but for the average boater you will notice little to nothing different other than cosmetic differences. The 25 OL has a built in windfairing and bolt on swim platform. The 272/275 has a windshield and an integrated swim platform which gives it it's 27' length. The actually running length of these boats I would say is less than 8".

The 25 OL has seating for 2 in the cabin...opposing seats.....and a v-berth that will sleep two adults comfortably and I am 6' 1"....there is no way to stand up in the cabin and I am sure that is on both. Cockpit space is kinda tight but 4 adults can move around somewhat.

It is really all about the looks as they are quite a bit different in that aspect. If you choose to go the 272/275 route and decide you want the sporty look of an acrylic windscreen as opposed to the windshield....good luck.....it is near impossible to find them as they are no longer made.....there are a few for sale they do have them already installed.

There is a member on this board that has a really clean 1998 272 with windscreen for sale that could be had for cheap in the IN area.

Good Luck with the search!!
Old 06-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info Baja Man. Are there any "problem areas" with the 25 Outlaws that I need to look out for? Also, What is reasonable power for one of these boats? Do the 375HP 496 or 385 hp 454 mag provide enough power? I dont like looking at the sky for extended periods when coming on plane.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i would go with the 496 ho if you can. for aspects, speed and resale. ive had my 25 ol for 6 years now and love it. i looked at at the 275 and the 25ol before i bought and i liked the look of the 25 much better. dont think you can go wrong either way. good luck and have fun!!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

One of my closest buddies has a 275 with a procharged 502 Mag EFI and it is really nice, we have another buddy with a 25 OL with a 502 Mag EFI and it too is nice.

As you are aware the 25 OL has a little more old school styling with the bolt on swim platform and the 275 is a little newer more roundish integrated swim platform style, guess it all depends on what you like.

Regardless of which one you pick, I would try to find one with a 502 Mag EFI or a 496 Mag HO. Both boats are big enough you will appreciate the 400+ HP even if you are not a speed freak.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is more cockpit room in the 272 vs 25OL and the 25OL os a faster hull with equal power. I had the 272 and loved it. Was a great all around boat.