Baja Decal >

Baja Decal

Notices

Baja Decal

Old 06-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Decal

Anyone know where I can get a new Baja decal for my boat? Great Lakes Skipper has the size I need but it's red and silver. I wanted black and silver.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/product...oat-decal.html

Thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a pair of new 32 inch black and silver
Old 06-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe,

I have the 24" size in stock for the same price as great lakes skipper! I can order anything Baja DECALS from the original vendor.

Some of the inventory that great lakes bought was over 10 years old now, and you will be lucky if the prespacing film doesn't ruin the printed face of the decal from being so old?

I know many people just have custom decals made, but I always notice a little discolor, or ghosting were the older decal was located on the boat, so I always feel better using the same size original decal located in the same exact location on the boat.

XT
Attached Thumbnails Baja Decal-imgp0134.jpg   Baja Decal-imgp0136.jpg  
Old 06-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered

Great! I'll take two of the Black and Silver 24", just pm or email me the price with shipping and I'll send you the funds.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Joe,

I have the 24" size in stock for the same price as great lakes skipper! I can order anything Baja DECALS from the original vendor.

Some of the inventory that great lakes bought was over 10 years old now, and you will be lucky if the prespacing film doesn't ruin the printed face of the decal from being so old?

I know many people just have custom decals made, but I always notice a little discolor, or ghosting were the older decal was located on the boat, so I always feel better using the same size original decal located in the same exact location on the boat.

XT
Old 06-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered

Just FYI, vinyl shrinks over time and does have a shelf life. XT is right, with transfer tape still being on the decal, it could prove to be a problem, especially if it was not stored in a cool location. If the vinyl used to make the decal is past its shelf life, usually 2 years, then the adheasive can deteriorate, as well as bleed to the transfer tape, especially if not stored flat in a cool location.

As for the "ghost" in the gel coat after removing the old decal, I would wet sand with 800 followed by 1500 and then compound it and apply your new decal. Reason being vinyl cutters never cut and exact duplicate each and every time, that can only be done with a die.

Also lots of things can effect how a decal lines up on a boat, streatching the tape, quality of vinyl, type of application fluid used, preasure used to squiegie it out, etc.

Just my .02, hope it helps.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Does anyone have the names of the companies that do the custom Baja lettering?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
Does anyone have the names of the companies that do the custom Baja lettering?
I have a guy that can make anything you what. All he needs is a pic, dimensions, and colors.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by indywhsle
I have a guy that can make anything you what. All he needs is a pic, dimensions, and colors.
Thanks for the reply... I will let you know when we are ready to get one made up.