Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Top speed for 35 Outlaw with 525's >

Top speed for 35 Outlaw with 525's

Notices

Top speed for 35 Outlaw with 525's

Old 06-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

redbuds boat ran great with those 525's. sounded tough as nails with that swim platform too.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Registered

its also loaded with a icemaker, refrigerator, microwave, tv, and vacuflush system, I also had two other people and about 1/4 tank of gas. I'll gladly take the 3 feet and 150 horsepower. The 35 outlaw should be in the low 80s any day of the week.

Last edited by gtxjoe; 06-20-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

My buddies 06 P/R edition W/ 496's and CMI's spinning 30" Bravo's will gps 82 in fresh water @ Lake Cumberland not sure if ecm's are reprogramed.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Should run around 82 GPS. If it's black and was sold out of Texas I may of put a few hours on it.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by gtxjoe
hell my 06' boss 342 with mag ho's went 75.1 with 27 pitch hydro 5 blades on a 70 degree day
On your wish-o-meter?

I gutted the gen, icemaker, fridge, and even the bed cushions and have cams, ECU's and extention boxes and my boat only runs 76. A stock 342 with HO's runs 72 with 1/8 tank of gas by yourself with a tailwind and farting really hard.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered

Hi guys. I completely forgot about this thread. A little info...

We picked this boat up out of California. It was a repo from someone in Nevada. It's almost like new. It was the first time I had it out so I'm still getting used to it. It has 26P wheels on it. Also, I'm kind of new to these larger performance boats. I'm a wakeboarder and boat fanatic and my only experience with anything larger than my wakeboard boat is my grandparents 83' Horizon that we used to get to play on when we were younger. No comparison...So I'm still getting used to eeking out the last mph's.

Maybe you guys can help me with my process:

1) I usually floor it from a standstill, cause I love the sound of the motors.
2) Once I get up on plane, I back way off to about half throttle.
3) I let the speed catch up and stabilize, and then slowly work the throttle up a little at a time. Each time, I wait until the speed stabilizes.
4) Once I finally get to full throttle and the speed has settled, I begin to work the drives out. I push them out until I get to the point where I get no more mph.
5) Lastly, I start to trim the tabs up...
6) Then, Pucker my a-hole, and then hold on!!!!

I think part of my problem is that I seem to run out of lake and get to eager during step 3. Idk, I could be completely wrong with what I 'm doing. Maybe you guys can help out a bit.

This past weekend after I cleaned her all up, we took it out to take some pics so I could put it up online. We had about 6 180+lb dudes and half a tank of gas and ran 79.7 I believe. I forgot to look at the RPM's, but I think they were around 5K.

Hopefully, I'll get to take her out again with only a few more people and more than 2 chances at a top speed run before someone buys it.

Here are some pics. Anyone looking for a clean 35?

Cheers!!!

Brandon
Old 06-29-2010, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkyhopper
Hi guys. I completely forgot about this thread. A little info...

We picked this boat up out of California. It was a repo from someone in Nevada. It's almost like new. It was the first time I had it out so I'm still getting used to it. It has 26P wheels on it. Also, I'm kind of new to these larger performance boats. I'm a wakeboarder and boat fanatic and my only experience with anything larger than my wakeboard boat is my grandparents 83' Horizon that we used to get to play on when we were younger. No comparison...So I'm still getting used to eeking out the last mph's.

Maybe you guys can help me with my process:

1) I usually floor it from a standstill, cause I love the sound of the motors.
2) Once I get up on plane, I back way off to about half throttle.
3) I let the speed catch up and stabilize, and then slowly work the throttle up a little at a time. Each time, I wait until the speed stabilizes.
4) Once I finally get to full throttle and the speed has settled, I begin to work the drives out. I push them out until I get to the point where I get no more mph.
5) Lastly, I start to trim the tabs up...
6) Then, Pucker my a-hole, and then hold on!!!!

I think part of my problem is that I seem to run out of lake and get to eager during step 3. Idk, I could be completely wrong with what I 'm doing. Maybe you guys can help out a bit.

This past weekend after I cleaned her all up, we took it out to take some pics so I could put it up online. We had about 6 180+lb dudes and half a tank of gas and ran 79.7 I believe. I forgot to look at the RPM's, but I think they were around 5K.

Hopefully, I'll get to take her out again with only a few more people and more than 2 chances at a top speed run before someone buys it.

Here are some pics. Anyone looking for a clean 35?

Cheers!!!

Brandon
Do not get in the habbit of putting it to the floor out of the hole. Not good on your drives. You have way more power than needed to plane it off. Push it down about half way keep the tach in the 3k range until the bow drops. Do not wait to trim up, once on plane you should be tweeking the drives up as you increace speed. Most guys do not use much tab unless you are in rough water. More pics of the girlfriend might get more input on how to run it. You set yourself up for that. When I trim for WOT I trim it up very slightly untill I loose speed the trim down. You can spend hours trying to find the sweet spot. Where do you boat at?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That boat was a brochure boat. Very attractive boat for sure & the chick on the back looks good too!
Please post some pictures of her boobs....um I mean the boat's engines.
Oh yea, don't pound it out of the hole all the time. It will eventually break the gears in the drives & you'll be out about $5k to fix one.
Just ease into the sticks like Jeff said. That is the best practice. Also, don't find out where the rev limiters are by airing out the boat in big water. That breaks drives too.

Last edited by JasonSmith; 06-29-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Registered

I used to see that boat on Tahoe - matter of fact it was almost exactly a year ago now that I think about it (July 4th) that I made my maiden Tahoe voyage in my then new boat and saw your boat for the first time. I have a similar boat, same year only a 26 Outlaw vs 35, we have a very similar graphic's package. He has been trying to sell that boat for a long time, sounds like he gave up and let go back to the bank. He was asking way too much for market conditions, must have been in over his head.

Awesome boat!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Registered

Thanks for the tips guys. 10-4 on the full throttle. I come from inboards that you can beat to hell and they just never break (knock on wood).

Thats probably the second time I've heard about this guy and this boat trying to sell it for too much. Yeah, I picked it up as a repo for a great price hoping to sell it to someone for a steal to them. Gonna list it tomorrow for $139K (price is nego, obviously). Yall think that is a pretty good place to start at?

Oh yeah, I live in College STation , TX, but take these bigger boats out to lake conroe (about an hour away).

And that fine woman, no make that, the most amazing and beautiful woman on this planet, in the pics is my fiance (wife in 2 weeks). Not gonna post any more specifically to show her off, but you can see some more on my other ads that I have had.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/9346

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o34647-en.html

Cheers!

Last edited by sparkyhopper; 06-30-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.