Trying to hear music while anchored >

Trying to hear music while anchored

Notices

Trying to hear music while anchored

Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to hear music while anchored

I've noticed it's difficult to hear our music while anchored and we're in the water. Sure this is some sound interference from other boats, but even when we're in coves by ourselves, it's difficult to hear. Most likely this is due to the speaker configuration and how everything projects out and up.

Anyone have a clean looking solution for this? There are already upgraded components in our boat (speakers, subs, etc).
Old 07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I got JL 7.7s and I can drowned out just about any boat sitting around me...We turn ours on to entertain the whole island.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered

turn up the gain on your amp. something is not right...let's see pics of the boat...
Old 07-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with KYBOY, I have no probs, running 3 pairs of JL 6.5's and 3-10's. My friends all run next to me in no-wake zones and I entertain everyone.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Registered

Don't know what you have for setup, or even what boat you have. If your speakers are near the floor that would be a large reason why you can not hear it.

I only have 2 set's of components and 3 subs in mine. Pushed by 200 watts of power. My 6.5" are up where you can hear them high in the gunal's. You can hear mine plenty well outside the boat. Sure it's now where near as loud as it inside but can still be heard.

I had alot of boats around me this weekend, and when I fired mine up they all just shut down untill about 5 boats away from me.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered

Something like this will do the trick!
Attached Thumbnails Trying to hear music while anchored-pod1.jpg   Trying to hear music while anchored-pod3.jpg  
Old 07-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Registered

just put bigger and better stuff so you can go louder haha
Old 07-04-2010, 01:04 AM
Registered

I purchased this Baja boat from family, and he added some stuff to it: a few amps, two subs (10"), and upgraded all stock speakers. I believe he may have even added some additional ones on either side of the cockpit area. I think I'll have to try the gain on the amps as suggested above, at least start there before I add even more amps/subs.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

best way to listen to music from the water without blasting everyone around you would be to have some speakers aimed at the water,
a couple nice marine box speakers that you can plug in and lay on the rear deck when in the water will work great.
Yes you can crank the system up but then so will the guy next to you and so on and so on.
More and more lakes ours included have started imposing noise restircitions because of all the ear shattering sound systems on the boats these days.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Registered

Don't want to take over you thread, but it seem like someone here may have a solotion to my problem. Nothing fancy stereo wise, but I added a 560 watt amp and replaced the clarion speakers with JL audio in the cockpit. The cabin speakers are still clarions. The problem I have is when I'm running and turn the volume up so I can hear it over the wind and engine noise, the Unit shuts down, then comes back on by itself. I then need to turn the volume down. It seem to happen more when I trim or use something else that draws power. Any Ideas anyone?

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.