ideling video, and Question >

ideling video, and Question

Notices

ideling video, and Question

Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ideling video, and Question

well this is my boat, and i would like it louder. in the open position its loud, but i hear others boats louder. what do i need to do? I am thinking just dana tips are not going to help it casue it does not have muffler as it is right now.

thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G5jdNnE0Gm4
Old 07-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered

I am guessing you have either a 310hp 454 MPI or a 454 EFI Mag...you appear to have silent choice, in most cases there is no muffler since you have SC.. in the rear tips you just have inside flappers and outside flappers,,you can buy a set of Eddie Marine SS risers that will make either engine a little louder, and will add some performance too...but basically, what you have is what you got for sound....now you can always add a set of CMI headers, those will net you some added ponies along with more decibels!..but set you back about $3k at the minimum.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another clue is not a good idea to rev the engine up with the drive in full up trailer mode it's tough on the U joints as they are in max stress point and still spinning.

To answer your question there isn't anything you can do other than different manifolds or headers to make it louder...Your exhaust is wide open at this point other than the Silent Choice diverters.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Registered

I believe the Mercruiser book says not to exceed 1200 RPM with drive in trailer position.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Registered

Get some lightning headers. It looks like you are in fresh water so they should last ok. and they are LOOOOUUUUUDDDD!

Is that natty ice or light? im more of a beast light fan myself.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Registered

OK thats for the imput on the loudness. I figured that was as loud as it is going to get at this point. Motor is a 454 Mag.

I am not going to spend the money for headers becasue i am going to be moving toa 302-342 in the next year or 2. TWINS...

also i know about the rev with the trim, you can head the u joints clacking around if you do that, but I was taking the video, and asked my buddy to do the start up and switch on the silent choice, he reved it all on his own, and what can you do other than shake you head behind the camera so he does not do it again.

LOVE the boat had it for 3 years and never made a little clip. want a BIGGer one with shorpower, vacuflush, and AC. next
Old 07-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered

Oh and those are Natual Lights. haha

hard to beet a 30 pack for 18 bucks.