Baja Custom Paint >

Baja Custom Paint

Notices

Baja Custom Paint

Old 08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Custom Paint

Anyone have information on how durable these custom paint jobs are relative to gel coat, or how they would comapre with Fountain or Formula painted hulls? I have an older Baja with the in gel graphics and have had good luck keeping it nice, but wonder how a painted surface will hold up.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would be no different than your car...Looks nice and alot easier to keep up on, but you rub a dock or another boat expect to pay alot more to fix it as there is no easy quick fix like gelcoat repair kits.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Contact Mitcher T he has a ton of info for you on the topic and does great work he actually just did my boat and we decided on clear coat not gel, the graphics look better than when in gel coat. Message me if you want pics or more info. www.mitchertcustompainting.com
Old 08-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Would be no different than your car...Looks nice and alot easier to keep up on, but you rub a dock or another boat expect to pay alot more to fix it as there is no easy quick fix like gelcoat repair kits.
Like irish said, any little nick is not an easy repair. i love mine and it looks good but when you get up close you see alot of little chips from road debris and dock rash. After having both a gel coat boat and a painted boat repair is way easier on gel coat and it didnt cost 10K to have it done.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Anchorman
Like irish said, any little nick is not an easy repair. i love mine and it looks good but when you get up close you see alot of little chips from road debris and dock rash. After having both a gel coat boat and a painted boat repair is way easier on gel coat and it didnt cost 10K to have it done.
+1

Rock chips from trailering are my biggest problem
Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gel coat graphics were always considered one of the main reasons that Baja held a 40% market share, and it is probably the one thing that I will miss most on all new products with the Baja name on it! I know many of the older Baja's had some QUV issues if not covered properly, but the gelcoat formulas were improved much better after the 90's. Custom paint is 10 times better than decals and much more can be done with fades and details, but always liked looking down the reflective side of the Baja and not seeing any paint, or tape lines. IMO

XT

Last edited by XT-Innovator; 08-10-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
+1

Rock chips from trailering are my biggest problem
Jay,

Do you have a rock skirt on the back of your truck? I am looking into getting one but wanted an opinion.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Jay,

Do you have a rock skirt on the back of your truck? I am looking into getting one but wanted an opinion.
No, I don't have one of those.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered

Jay,

We have this set up and love it. Very affective and it does not leave a gap between the bumper and top of the flaps. Found it on ebay for around $200 w/ shipping.

http://www.mudflaps.com/
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Registered

Looking for the Baja gel graphic for the side of my 2000 Baha Boss.

The logos are coming off on both sides. I want to clean them off and get the hull looking right and then reapply fresh ones.

Any ideas on where I can get the gold colored baja gel logo for the side of the boat?

Thanks so much

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.