30 Outlaw X dimension >

30 Outlaw X dimension

Notices

30 Outlaw X dimension

Old 08-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 Outlaw X dimension

Did Baja make any changes to the drives X dimension between 2004 and 2008? Are any years faster with the 496 HOs and Bravo X drives? I've also noticeded on the 2008 stock HO exhaust that the tube takes an S shape turn down prior to the inside of the transom, where the 2005 I looked at was straight through. Does this have any effect on exhaust flow or does it not matter with the HO?
Old 08-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gregm35
Did Baja make any changes to the drives X dimension between 2004 and 2008? Are any years faster with the 496 HOs and Bravo X drives? I've also noticeded on the 2008 stock HO exhaust that the tube takes an S shape turn down prior to the inside of the transom, where the 2005 I looked at was straight through. Does this have any effect on exhaust flow or does it not matter with the HO?
I have run against both with my 33. 30 OL Baja by Fountain was maybe a mile an hour faster than an 06 30OL. Both had HO's in them similar loads in the boat and similar conditions. Any one boat may be faster than the other. I do think that the x demension was raised in the Baja by Fountain by and inch or so but dont quote me on that.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you looking for a clean 30 OL with HO's? If so, I have your boat. http://www.usedfountains.com/index.p...126&brand=baja
Old 08-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered

Thanks for the responses. I'm shopping for next season and am comparing makes and models. I like the looks of the 30 but wonder how well the wind deflector works relative to a windshield, more for passengers as I always look over the windshield when I out in my boat.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the responses. I'm shopping for next season and am comparing makes and models. I like the looks of the 30 but wonder how well the wind deflector works relative to a windshield, more for passengers as I always look over the windshield when I out in my boat.
A windscreen is fine sitting in the bolsters. But standing you have alot of wind in the eyes. After a few miles the tears start to dry!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by redbud35
A windscreen is fine sitting in the bolsters. But standing you have alot of wind in the eyes. After a few miles the tears start to dry!
Yep, that is what sunglasses are for!

After going from a 275 with a windshield to a 30 with a windscreen, I'd never, ever go back. No more windy standing in the 30 than when I stood in the 275 (I stand 100% of the time anyway). Sitting in the 30 is the same as the 275 for passengers). Windscreen looks much better.

'08 Bajas by the way were still Baja's... Faja's didn't start until '09 model year.