Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast.. >

Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..

Notices

Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..

Old 10-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmtbandit
Is that a 30 OL?
Is that a joke
Old 10-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Registered

That 275 looks like the Outlaw that goes to the Ohio river and Cumberland. I think the owners name is JC or something to that effect. Let Dave make some suggestions on what would look best. He is the man on that stuff.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by haulinvols
Scott, I am a big fan of the carbon fiber looking vinyl. Even with a simple color scheme it really looks sharp and sets a boat off. It will probably be a year until I can send the Sunny off for some updates to the interior.
Matt,

Yea, Baby....Carbon Fiber Orange!

I started using the carbon fiber in the Baja models in 06' but it has gained popularity with many builders. I don't think it will die for some time now since new boats are so rare. I still like to see the base color in a flat texture though, and the accents in carbon fiber.

Remember after you lie on the motorlid for some time, that pattern will be a tattoo on your back!

XT
Attached Thumbnails Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..-carb_orange.jpg   Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..-carb_silver.jpg   Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..-carb_yellow.jpg  

Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..-carb_black.jpg   Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..-pewter_mist.jpg  
Old 10-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Scott,

Figure you might get about 10% back on the paint job when selling it. That being said it may vault your boat to the front of someones list. When buying my boat sure it looked good but I went into it looking for the power and the ride and the quality of the rest of the boat. The paint finalized it but to me it wasnt worth alot. Had I found the same boat with the same power for Less money I would have been in a different boat. I think most folks buying a boat these days would probably feel the same way. Curb appeal draws the buyers but doesnt add to the bottom line all the time.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Anchorman
Curb appeal draws the buyers but doesnt add to the bottom line all the time.

I agree with the above statement 100%

The updating should be done for your satisfaction. We all know that spending any money on a boat is not going to increase the value much if at all. It just keeps it in line with the newer models.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by Baja_man
I agree with the above statement 100%

The updating should be done for your satisfaction. We all know that spending any money on a boat is not going to increase the value much if at all. It just keeps it in line with the newer models.
Yep, whats in the NADA book, is whats in the book. You have to figure that money spent is not going to change the figure, just like engine upgrades. BUT....if you want to feel like your standing in the middle of a brand new $90,000 boat, it might be worth the cost. Nothing beats the dockside comment "Is that a NEW boat" while you are wearing that big smile!

XT
Old 10-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Originally Posted by sonic69
That 275 looks like the Outlaw that goes to the Ohio river and Cumberland. I think the owners name is JC or something to that effect. Let Dave make some suggestions on what would look best. He is the man on that stuff.
I always liked the 35th Anniversary Outlaw flame motorlids. That with a one piece headrest design like the 272/275. We did this design for Baja....we can do it for anyone!

XT
Attached Thumbnails Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..-dsc00856.jpg   Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..-dsc01060.jpg   Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..-56754_p_t_640x480_image14.jpg  

Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmurfOnABoat
Well the interior is going Monday, I am sure I have a little bit of time before the new vinyl goes on, but I want to have a decent idea when I get there.

The doors are wide open as of right now.

I am going to do a decent paint job, not just some stock update. I have been looking through thousands of pictures, and just cant find anything I like.

So if you have some ideas, lay them out, obviously its my boat, and I get final choice, but its a tough call, and anyones input would be great.

I am thinking I want some Orange and Blue in the boat, but not necessarily. I am so undecided...

Thanks!

Good spot to post pics of your project as it's coming along...

http://bajaboatowners.com/forums/34-Interiors
Old 10-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
Matt,

I still like to see the base color in a flat texture though, and the accents in carbon fiber.
I'll get some pictures of the seats you just did for me. Definately glad I went with the carbon fiber accent!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:30 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I'll get some pictures of the seats you just did for me. Definitely glad I went with the carbon fiber accent!
That is what I am going to go with when I redo the interior of the Sunsation next year. Figure white with purple and yellow carbon fiber vinyl. I definitely want to update my sun pad since the boat does not have anything on it that matches the pad.
Attached Thumbnails Interior is going to XT, need some ideas fast..-lake-st-clair-2010-066-medium-2-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.