Water flow question

Notices

Water flow question

Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Water flow question

I recently purchased a 1999 Baja 342. There are 3 water intakes/seacocks in the bilge. Two of them are obvious - one for the generator and one for the A/C. What would the third one be for? It has the toilet upgrade, but I assume it flushes via the fresh water tank, not river water. Am I wrong?

Getting the boat late in the season I haven't used the toilet yet.

I'm not used to these cruiser style boats

No transom shower.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:11 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

It could be for the head water intake.....or overboard discharge. My Formula head pulled water from the fresh water tank and had a holding tank AND a thru-hull fitting for pumping overboard.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My Cig is the same way, t500. I can flush the head with either holding tank water or sea water with the flip of a valve.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

I know it doesn't have the ability to discharge back into the river. It must be pumped. It only has one electric "flush" button in the bathroom, no foot pumps, valves, etc.

I know some toilets are fresh water flush and some are lake/river water flush and some have the ability to do both. I've seen no valve or option to to switch so I guess I'll find out in the spring once I fill the fresh water tanks and put her back in the water.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it have a macerator pump? If so it might discharge overboard.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
does it have a macerator pump? If so it might discharge overboard.
It sounds like a macerator
when you push the flush button.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have anything to add, but how you like the 342?

Thats the boat i am looking for.

also for yuo guys that have both options, why would you not flush with river water and save the freshwater?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
I dont have anything to add, but how you like the 342?

Thats the boat i am looking for.

also for yuo guys that have both options, why would you not flush with river water and save the freshwater?
That's why I'm hoping that the extra in take is for flusjhing the toilet. I'd like to save the 16 gallons of fresh water I have.

This is my third Baja and my favorite so far. I was going for a 33 OL, 342 or 36 OL. Wherever I could find the best deal. Briefly looked at 34 and 38 PQs. 342s seem to go cheaper than the OLs. Didn't bother me since I actually like the windshield look better anyway. I preferred the 302 to my 29OL so I decided to stick with the Performance series this time as well. I wanted a pre 2001 for the extra bilge room (and cost of course). There's a ton of room back there even with the generator. Get a bigger sun pad too for the strippers, I mean kids to play on.

I got the boat late August and wasn't in town a lot since. The boat sat for a long while before I got it so I spent some time chasing a few electrical bugs. I think I've got everything worked out now that November is here.

It's quite a bit more boat to move around than my previous 29 Outlaw so I had to buy an F350. The ride is incredible. I haven't used a ton of the creature comforts yet, but hope to over night a lot next summer.

With 502s I run right at an honest 70. In a boat so big it feels like you're only going 40. Very predictable, stable ride and still easy to handle around the docks. '99s and '00s can be had in the $40s. I don't like the pre '99 graphics.

Other than the added expense of a tow vehicle, I'm right where I wanted to be price wise. Insurance isn't bad either. It was $380 a year on the 29 and $490 a year on the 342.

I did borrow a little bit as I didn't feel comfortable sinking a bunch of savings into a boat in this economy. With almost 40% down and perfect credit, getting the loan was still a pain in the a$$. I went with US Bank and they required me to document it. I was going to anyway so I don't have to pay KY taxes on it annually.

Tim
Old 11-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man If i could find a nice 342 for that price rang i would be all over it.

I just swapped trucks so i can handel the bigger boat, when ever i find a deal. if you know of any more please point me that direction.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered

I spoke with a guy on here before I bought mine. Goes by Baja_Pete. He's selling a '00 with 454 MAGS. Don't know his bottom dollar. You'd probably be looking at $2500 or so to have it shipped to AL.

http://bajaboatsforsale.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.