windshield/ windscreen >

windshield/ windscreen

Notices

windshield/ windscreen

Old 01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield/ windscreen

I have a 88 240 sport with a windshield. Would a windscreen off a - Baja 23-26-30-35 Outlaw or a 25 outlaw fit as a replacement? Would you have to drill new screw holes or do they line up? thanks
Old 01-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered

Do you have the original, even if it is broken or in pieces?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't fit, but if you have the original you van have one remade.

There's a sponsor on BBO that has the mold for a 240 windscreen
Old 01-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered

Yes i have the original glass, there is nothing wrong with it just was thinking about switching it to the windscreen.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

It is VERY important that your request DOMESTIC CAST ACRYLIC. This particular acrylic is much stronger and will not craze in the long term.

I replaced an original cracked and crazed smoke colored windscreen with an opaque solid black. It gives the boat the appearance that it was molded with the rest of the boat, it looks sweet.

I would suggest drilling your own holes, just be slow and careful.

Edston Plastics in Detroit did one for me and it turned out great, but if someone has an original mold, that would seem to be the right way to go.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered

I have 2 questions or comments 1: when you say he has the mold for the original windscreen do you mean windshield, because a 240 sport has a glass winshield with a aluminum frame. My second comment is I also wanted to put a Fairing on my 1989 240 sport off a 90's era 24 outlaw and found that the corner on the stock dash would get in the way of the fairing. You would not be able to unscrew the screws to remove the dash. the dash is differant on a 90's era Outlaw. Of course modifications could be made to allow it to work but this is what i found
Old 01-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Codered
I have 2 questions or comments 1: when you say he has the mold for the original windscreen do you mean windshield, because a 240 sport has a glass winshield with a aluminum frame. My second comment is I also wanted to put a Fairing on my 1989 240 sport off a 90's era 24 outlaw and found that the corner on the stock dash would get in the way of the fairing. You would not be able to unscrew the screws to remove the dash. the dash is differant on a 90's era Outlaw. Of course modifications could be made to allow it to work but this is what i found
It's the mold for a 240 Sport for a windscreen. Not a windshield. Obviously people are finding there's different models for the 240 based on year, so that might need to be verified.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Codered
You have the most correct answer to the original question, and also on the 24 Outlaw fairing fit.

IMO, the plastic Outlaw windscreens would only be pure luck if they would be able to screw to the glass surface in front of the current framed windshield, and I don't think the end result would look good. (you would also have many holes to repair) The only other model the 88' Sport 240 shared a windshield with was the 87' Sport 220. Here are a couple photo's to help clarify the confusion:

XT
Attached Thumbnails windshield/ windscreen-87-sport-220.jpg   windshield/ windscreen-88-sport-226.jpg   windshield/ windscreen-88-sport-240.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
imartin (10-06-2021)
Old 07-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered

Default Baja 250

Originally Posted by bigbang
It is VERY important that your request DOMESTIC CAST ACRYLIC. This particular acrylic is much stronger and will not craze in the long term.

I replaced an original cracked and crazed smoke colored windscreen with an opaque solid black. It gives the boat the appearance that it was molded with the rest of the boat, it looks sweet.

I would suggest drilling your own holes, just be slow and careful.

Edston Plastics in Detroit did one for me and it turned out great, but if someone has an original mold, that would seem to be the right way to go.
Is that what the originals were made of? I have a good windshield but my side windows are warped badly and crazed. I would prefer to replace them with the same color to match the original windshield.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.