baja outlaw anchor lockers? >

baja outlaw anchor lockers?

Notices

baja outlaw anchor lockers?

Old 02-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baja outlaw anchor lockers?

I have a 252, and know i will not ever buy a boat with out an anchor locker up front. I use it evertime i take the boat out, and would not want to carry rope, chain, and anchor over the whole bow.

But i recently found an outlaw with the locker? i was not aware any outlaw had that? does anyone know a year that it started? or was it just a random option?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some have them some don't. My 30 and 35 had them. The
33's don't.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Out 25 and 33 didn't. The 29 did. The 40 also has one.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Are you looking to move up?
Attached Thumbnails baja outlaw anchor lockers?-p1020514.jpg  
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't understand why any boat wouldn't have one. There's dead space in the bow...except for beak boats, there's not enough room!

I actually anchored off the stern most of the time when I had a 29 Fever. Then you only had to worry about water coming in through the blower vents!

And don't even get me started on bow access on some of these boats!! Carry your anchor through the cabin and climb up through a hatch...Come on! People love to pick on Bajas, but why do so many other manufactures make so many dumb designs? I used to love watching my parents try to gain access to the bow of their Donzi. Now I worry about wich nursing home I'll have to put them in when one of them bites it trying to climb over the windshield!

Last edited by Baja_342; 02-16-2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

I had one in my 29.
My friend that has it now noticed that the anchor about rubbed thru from bouncing around in there so check that out.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Registered

very good information
thanks guy i never knew any of them came with one , and that kept me from looking at them period. I also wondered how bow acess was. as a walk through windsheild with steps is alot easier.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's just as easy on the Outlaws as it is on your boat. There are steps in the helm.

I use rubber floor mats to keep the anchor from bouncing against the insides of the locker. I also use a navy style anchor with no long sharp edges like a fluke style. Holds great in the Ohio River.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

there's no locker in the 36 and it's a pain, I had one in my 302
I sure miss the easy way that worked, now I have an achor bag, what fun.also the 36 has no cup holder on the passenger side. never could figur that out. at least i'm still boating, I know a # that arent any more.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Experience has taught me that I do NOT want an anchor locker in the bow.

First they reduce the structural strength of the hull. For serious offshore boats anything like docking lights etc that will allow water to enter if you stuff the boat is not good.

Second if you have ever seen an anchor come out and strike the passengers you would never but a big hunk of metal in the front like that. This happen on the Emerald Coast poker run about five years ago now and the Florida Powerboat Club chopper caught it all on video. The Sunsation was over trimmed and flew very high off a roller and the anchor came out of the bow mounted anchor locker and hit two of the passengers sending them to the hospital.

My 36 does NOT have one and we took out the docking lights for this reason. I found that it was actually MUCH easier using an anchor from the cockpit than the bow anyway. When we pull up to an area to anchor I simply drop the anchor over the side while standing in the cockpit. Then I back the boat up slightly and walk the line only up to the bow ad tie it off to the cleats.

When it is time to leave I walk up and remove the line from the cleats and walk to the back of the boat and pull the anchor in while standing on the swim platform. It is actually much easier and much safer for you and the boat compared to trying to do it all up on the bow.

Just my opinion

Happy Boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.