33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?

Notices

33 Outlaw with boxes and big HP?

Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
OK, found some pics of the boxes. I doubt when he said "alignment problem" that it was the carrier bearing inside the box. You would think that would just affect the ease in getting the drive to mount and the spline wear on the drive's driveshaft. The driveshaft from the box to the flywheel is a flanged coupling at both ends. So is the phasing you are talking about between the box driveshaft and the drive's driveshaft? I'm surprised Stelling's does not balance those driveshafts.

Go down to the bottom of this link, it gives an illustration
on phasing.

On their jackshft engines and staggered ( driveshaft models) they( merc) do recommed phasing the driveshaft with
the outdrive u-joints. (which I started to do after reading it in the latest manual I got.)

http://jniolon.clubfte.com/driveline...nephasing.html

Last edited by JaayTeee; 04-21-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 754 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Go down to the bottom of this link, it gives an illustration
on phasing.

On their jackshft engines and staggered ( driveshaft models) they( merc) do recommed phasing the driveshaft with
the outdrive u-joints. (which I started to do after reading it in the latest manual I got.)

http://jniolon.clubfte.com/driveline...nephasing.html
Easy enough to understand. Thanks for the link!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Great info and some nice set ups. I just wish I had some drives on the back of my boat to turn some good numbers! This thread is keeping me motivated though
Old 04-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 754 Likes on 406 Posts

BTW, saw the boat owner last night as we were helping another buddy re-bunk his trailer and he said the motors are now 522's. That helps to explain the 605 HP.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Great info and some nice set ups. I just wish I had some drives on the back of my boat to turn some good numbers! This thread is keeping me motivated though
Whats your 33 run with 830 HP?
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Whats your 33 run with 830 HP?
I do not know since my drives did not hold up long enough to find out!

I have seen 95 on gps EVERY time I push the sticks forward for a few seconds. This is FULL of fuel, 4+ people, 2 full coolers, all gear for a 4 day weekend sleeping on the boat! Never tried empty with just me in it.

According to J T , Crayolacrazy , BBlades and others I have lots of room to work with props. Currently running 30" stock bravo 4 blades turning out.

Looking forward to some new stronger drives, maybe bravo arneson conversion or the new imco's they are keeping secret. Then some aggresive props and hopefully triple digits!
Old 04-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know since my drives did not hold up long enough to find out!

I have seen 95 on gps EVERY time I push the sticks forward for a few seconds. This is FULL of fuel, 4+ people, 2 full coolers, all gear for a 4 day weekend sleeping on the boat! Never tried empty with just me in it.

According to J T , Crayolacrazy , BBlades and others I have lots of room to work with props. Currently running 30" stock bravo 4 blades turning out.

Looking forward to some new stronger drives, maybe bravo arneson conversion or the new imco's they are keeping secret. Then some aggresive props and hopefully triple digits!
Just bite the bullet and buy a pair of SCX,they have been out long enough,and still no upper gear failures,Bolt a pair on and go enjoy that horsepower.(good talkin to you yesterday,lookin forward to seein you at the shootout)
Old 04-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered

Yeah it was nice talkin! Some scxs would be nice!
Old 04-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run xz uppers imco lowers , change fliud about every 5 weekend or after a hard weekend . I also run amsoil 75 /90 marine .
Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by crayolacrazy
I run xz uppers imco lowers , change fliud about every 5 weekend or after a hard weekend . I also run amsoil 75 /90 marine .
How many hours can u go between rebuilds? I could only make it 30 to 50 going easy on my imco SC drives. I normally run over 100 hours a summer so making it a couple years without touching drives would be nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.