Replacement Rocker Switches

Notices

Replacement Rocker Switches

Old 05-27-2002, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Replacement Rocker Switches

Hey Fellas,
Quick question. I was putting the cover on my 97 Hammer over the weekend I knocked into one of the rocker switches...well i put it right back on but i broke the plastic clip things that actually hold it on, these are the white kind with black lettering. Do any of you know where I can pick one of these up, or do i have to buy the entire switch from somewhere?
Old 05-27-2002, 10:31 PM
BucketHead

I did the same thing last winter while cleaning up the boat. The local Baja dealer had them in stock. He said it was one of his fastest moving items.

Check with your dealer.

Old 05-27-2002, 11:46 PM
JS2 FST

Just take the old one's with you because they aren't sure exactly which ones you got. Got both of ours at Big Thunder Marine the last time we were out.

Old 05-28-2002, 05:47 PM
Registered

Is there any place to get these online? I called my local dealer and they said they would have to order it. I was thinking maybe there is somewhere on the net where I can place the order myself and avoid the "middleman"
Old 05-29-2002, 08:32 AM
Registered

Nevermind, I found it. I went into my local dealer just to be sure they didn't have any. The guy pulled out a switch that he had ordered for a boat that wasn't ready and it was the exact switch I was looking for. Man talk about right timing I would be interested in knowing where to pick up some online thought just in case I break another one.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are jinxing me! I read this post the other day, then noticed by blower switch was broken! Same deal, 98 white with black lettering. I called dealer and got a lazy respone of "I have a black one." Obviously, I don't want a black one. They might be checking on the slight possibility that they could find one, maybe, somewhere. Online would be great. Cheap switches if you ask me.
Old 06-02-2002, 05:27 PM
Registered

I built a new dash for my boat over the winter and searched long and hard online for the switches you have in your Baja's. No luck. I even went to Carling's website. They have a new line with the function laser engraved onto the switch cover. The only problem is finding someone to sell the damn things!!
Old 06-04-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

I just replaced a handfull of switch covers on my 232. I also had a hell of a time finding them. I e-mailed about 5 dealers, only heard back from one. I also called Carling directly (they make the switch covers and sell them to Baja), but they wont sell direct to the public, so I called a few distributors and there was a minimum order of 500 or so.

So I finally found a dealer to order the ones I wanted - white with black writing , (Blower, Stereo, exhaust) ect. but their about $7 each and is the biggest rip-off I've ever seen for a item with a cost of .20 in materials if even that much.

So I have 4 old ones if anyone needs a replacement and wants to re-do the lettering. Some are faded badly, or some just said Acc and I wanted a more 'specific' letered switch. But let me know if you need one to just get by.