Need advice......Bummed

Old 06-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have fun and enjoy your boat.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Registered

Chris, I am wondering how you made out with the slip, maybe doing the same in Quincy.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Registered

Is the steel trailer gone for good? Did you sell it? have seen a few steel trailers with little hose fittings for garden hose on them to flush them out. I would Inspect it frequently and use it and make it a trailer queen. I take mine out of freshwater after every use. unless in the Ozarks or something. And my wife and i can have it locked and on the trailer in less than 1 min. She is still raising the drive while im pulling her out. We often get applause at the marina from the houseboats.

I'm saying that if you have a wife and kids that love the boat then you can do it as a team and its so easy then. go get the truck and she puts it on the trailer. We have had our rough spots during the learning period but i know she is proud to be the gal that can do that. And im proud of her. Anyone can do anything. just have to learn how and practice. Then it wouldn't be a PITA to trailer that bad boy.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered

I must say that I am quite shocked at the responses you have received. I own a Baja and it is my third. I currently have a 442 and live in Florida in the dreaded salt water environment. This is the second Baja in salt water and the first was a 38. I owned the boat for 9 years and except for replacing anodes on a regular basis, I never had any problems in salt water. Granted, the boat was never in salt water for more than a week at a time, Florida warm water temperatures are ripe for issues. The 38 was sold with moisture meter testing and no issues were found nor were there any blisters on the hull. The 442 has never been in the water longer than a week at a time and we have now owned it for 7 years and we have no blisters, no moisture issues but did have to replace the transom plates due to some corrosion issues due to Baja not grounding the transom plates. Warm water has been the biggest culprit for blisters but if you remove it or use it, this seems to reduce the potential for blisters. I bought my boats to use them and I too want them to look as good as new and reliability to me is of the utmost importance, but you can reach a point of no return. Just my .02