Help with thruhull width for headers >

Help with thruhull width for headers

Notices

Help with thruhull width for headers

Old 06-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with thruhull width for headers

So my 1992 24 outlaw is in the shop getting the new motor set in and I need to order exhaust asap. I was looking at the lightning headers but I dont know the width of the stock thru hull exhaust. Can someone please help? 33", 36"?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OutlawMan
So my 1992 24 outlaw is in the shop getting the new motor set in and I need to order exhaust asap. I was looking at the lightning headers but I dont know the width of the stock thru hull exhaust. Can someone please help? 33", 36"?

Thanks in advance
Why not just have your guy at the engine shop measure your openings?

I believe I have the 33" Lightnings on my 235 Force, but my boat was originally a small block boat, so my openings are a little bit closer together than a factory big block boat would have them. If you are ordering your Lightnings with the divorced collectors that have the short hose between the header body and the collector, you will have a bit of a "fudge factor" that will allow you to angle them an inch or so in the direction you need to go.

Also, if you search around on the web a little bit, you may be able to find a drawing that gives you the stock Merc dimensions. I don't see why Baja would set it up any differently than what these dimensions call for - most boat builders follow the same ones unless there is something in the way like a swim platform.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Bravo 1 transom exhaust is measured from the drive shaft centerline up and out.

I had the measurements for our project but have since misplaced them. Don't hold me to this but I think it is 13.75" up and 13.75 over from the drive shaft. But confirm this with someone that knows. You may just want to give Merc a call, they will certainly know.