Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
If all goes according to plan... >

If all goes according to plan...

Notices

If all goes according to plan...

Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default If all goes according to plan...

I will be in a 2000 Baja 272 this weekend. This will be my first boat and a one year later college graduation present to myself. I used to wonder what all the hype was about being able to boat 4 months out of the year until my buddy took me out with his parents in their Advantage. Ever since that day his parents have started letting us use the boat whenever they weren't using it. I have been addicted ever since. I knew I had to graduate college first, find a job, and it would come. As soon as I found a job, I was living cheaply (bread and bologna literally) saving up for it. I saved enough to put two thirds down on it within 8 months of saving. I am so excited and cannot wait to be able to say that I own a Baja and can drive my own.

So, on that note, do you guys have any advice for a new boat owner?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SELL IT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!
Actually, congratulations to you. Enjoy it the way it is and leave it mostly stock so you can keep enjoying it. When you want to go faster, sell it & buy another one that is already done. You'll be $$ ahead buying the keys to a project that is done than one you have to do yourself.
Other than that, be careful, don't drink & drive, wear a condom, don't be afraid to ask for help with gas money and keep the shiny side up.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, you chose a very nice all around boat, i am on my third one, I would recommend that you learn as much as you can about your new boat so when it comes time for repair, maintenance or parts replacement you'll be able to do your own work and save money. Plus it will get you familiar with every aspect of your boats operating systems. And i agree with Jason, Try to be content with it in its stock form."if its stock' have fun....
Old 06-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's see some pictures of this thing man!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Had a 272 for 7 years and over 700 hours/

Great boat,,,, I still miss it !!!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
SELL IT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!
Actually, congratulations to you. Enjoy it the way it is and leave it mostly stock so you can keep enjoying it. When you want to go faster, sell it & buy another one that is already done. You'll be $$ ahead buying the keys to a project that is done than one you have to do yourself.
Other than that, be careful, don't drink & drive, wear a condom, don't be afraid to ask for help with gas money and keep the shiny side up.
Well said! Congrats and enjoy your boat!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Registered

Ok everything is good to go and I will go pick it up early tomorrow morning to be on the water in the afternoon.

I will try and get some pics up this weekend.

Thanks again everybody.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

WAY TO GO!!!

I tell people all the time that most of our nations kids are the greatest ever.
Y'all have had the best curriculum ever offered to young people at an early age, and coupled with good parenting you learn great skills for adulthood.

This is AWESOME advice here.
Originally Posted by JasonSmith
be careful, don't drink & drive, wear a condom, don't be afraid to ask for help with gas money and keep the shiny side up.
Here's a little more, "Have Fun"
You may be stuck in the drink somewhere sometime and think it sucks and ain't no fun, but trust me, tomorrow you'll be laughing about the adventure.
Every boater has a story and you'll gain yours too, it comes with the game.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

I see that you're in Evansville, I'm across the river in Henderson we boat from sometimes in May and have been on the river as late as November. You can get alot more than 4 months if you really want. Have fun and congrats!!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Registered

Well I have a picture but I cannot post it because i don't have a membership. Ran great all weekend though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.