Notices

Baja 342 Questions.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
they blow out?
Drop that from your vocabulary. Unless you are about to push the button for trailer mode, you wont blow them out. I have run mine right up to trailer and lost speed, but didnt blow them out.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I know a few min with it and i will figure it all out just anxciuos haha.

intresting that they will not blow out. if you trim them high.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a season of running my new boat (2002 342Boss)

I just wanted to say that MOST of this thread was accurate information.

Trim tabs you don't need. but about 6 on the indicators puts them level with the hull of the boat. and can help stabilize in bigger water. oth then that leave them up out of the way. you can start dragging them lower if you in real chop and need a smoother ride, but those big tabs will scrub speed quick.

Drive trim is about right as well. cruse at 2-3 on the indicators, and WOT/max speed is about 6-7 after that you start loosing speed. but they don't BLOW out. just spray a lot of water but still hooked up.

Bathroom is small, but at 6'1" and 225lbs I can still use the bathroom IF NEEDED.

boats awesome and I am so glad I upgraded.

the information on fuel burn was WRONG. does it burn more fuel? yes. does it burn like some people said? NO. my normal weekend was 50 bucks in a 252 (single 454mag), and now my weekend is about 100 (twin 496 mags, and use the genny some). 150 if you think you will be doing a little more ruining than usual or something. But I also don't runt he boat all day. i do like i said, cruse 10-15 miles up river and stay put until i leave normally.

now if keith would grace us with how to do this back seat thing.... i would be set.