Audible alarm from fuse panel on 26OL >

Audible alarm from fuse panel on 26OL

Notices

Audible alarm from fuse panel on 26OL

Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audible alarm from fuse panel on 26OL

Anyone have any clue as to what the little round black alarm that is in the fuse panel in the cuddy is for? just got back after a good beating and this alarm is going constantly. I pulled the panel but cant trace the wire far enough to see where it goes. The strange thing is that it goes off even with the boat off and the batteries turned off. To the best of my memory, the only thing that has unswitched power is the mercathode and the bilge pumps.

I know it is not the Merc Guardian alarm because that beeper is a different tone as I can tell when it runs the self check from turning the key.

The only way I can get this thing to stop is to pull the plug from behind it.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bilge high water alarm??? That is the only alarm that I know of that will go off when the batteries are off.They get stuck sometimes if you are in rough water.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bilge is dry but I suppose I can check the bilge pump. I did not know there was an audible alarm for the bilge pump. Is it connected to the float switch? I opened the hatch and it didn't sound like the pump was running.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjac081
The bilge is dry but I suppose I can check the bilge pump. I did not know there was an audible alarm for the bilge pump. Is it connected to the float switch? I opened the hatch and it didn't sound like the pump was running.
Depends on what pump you have it has nothing to do with water in the bilge,just the float gets stuck.Mine did it once then it stopped when I called Formula they said the only thing that can stay on with the batteries off is the high water alarm.