Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Ran good last night...finally outran someone!! >

Ran good last night...finally outran someone!!

Notices

Ran good last night...finally outran someone!!

Old 06-03-2002, 07:09 PM
Allan4

Default Ran good last night...finally outran someone!!

Good night last night on the Mighty Ohio river. Aside from the fact we pulled the boat at about 1:30 AM (my saying is "Ain't a thing wrong with being the last one off the water on Sunday") I raced a few guys a put on a good show. Hit 72.9 GPS with 3 guys and 1/4 tank, pretty happy about that. Probably would have seen 74 if I was alone, wieght doesn't seem to hurt this motor too much, unlike the old motor....no balls. Raced a new 26 Donzi through a bunch of boat traffic and pretty messy water and ran dead even with him, then earlier I ran down a 25 Outlaw from about 1/4 mile behind him. He might not have been @ full throttle, but he was racing some other dude, so I bet he had it pinned. he was pretty surprised to see me after he blew by me while we were floating about 3 minutes earlier I had 4 guys in the boat for that one and gave the motor a pretty good test, keeping it hammered for a long run.

So, I know I'm only going 72-73 mph, and I know that ain't s*** compared to some guys and there top ends but it sure is nice being able to actually CATCH someone and run even with a bigger Dozi with 2 passengers compared to my 4 passengers, especially considering I built and installed the motor. I couldn't beleive how well the boat handled some pretty heavy boat traffic waters (Ohio river gets alot of 30 ft, 40ft, 50 ft cruisers, not like we were running over pontoon waves, plus it was about 4 o'clock on Sunday afternoon) I think the extra passenger weight helped the handling to be honest. Plus, the samller boat makes 70+ thru rush hour pretty damn exhilerating. Hey Tank, your gonna love your new package. Thought I'd let you all know how I did. Later.

Old 06-03-2002, 07:12 PM
Allan4

By the way, that was post # 1000.........only about the 20th in the last 6 months though.

Old 06-03-2002, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good for you Allen 4 !!!! Feels great doesnt it !! Be seein you out there !!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome Allan!
Must be a good feeling...not being a 'stocker' anymore. Hehe
Nice to hear the sucess story. Have a great season!
Old 06-04-2002, 02:09 PM
Brad Perry

Default good going on the motor!

It feels even better since you did the work

Old 06-04-2002, 02:48 PM
merlin540

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MY OUTDRIVE SHOP NEEDS THE BUSINESS

Old 06-04-2002, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good work i wish i would have gone to the river to watch all of this sunday
Old 06-04-2002, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Allan, you're killin me!!!! I can not wait for my boat to be out of the shop!! Called them just a bit ago, trying to find out if I'm going to be able to take it with me to havasu in 2 weeks.....They're going to call me back when the owner is back, but said everything is in for the motor and they are putting it together. But I still need to drag the boat down to them so they can do the external steering and gill exhaust(which I'm praying will fit!!! They're off of a cig)

So what prop do you think you are going to stay with? And what prop do you think I should be looking at on mine? I currently have a 23P labbed finished three blade, but I know it just wont be enough. A friend of mine with a 38 scarab and BIG power said I may need a 31P!! I just have no clue what I'm going to need to run

So you are running the stock dual ram tabs and it does run better with them down?? I figured it would. Everyone I run with that's seen me run my boat are concerned about it being out of the water more than in...I have tried to explain that I used to run the drive as far out is it would go and no tabs (speed baby, speed!!) You obviously know what I'm talking about. I figure run those tabs down and it will tuck the front down, run it wetter, at least fly level instead of nose up!! Shouldn't need it trimmed out loose with all the new power.

I have no clue what speeds I"m going to see with the new motor....people are saying low to mid 80's...but hit the wall at 85 I'm thinking I don't want to go over 85 in that boat anyway!

Dude, sorry about the long post, but you have me all pumped up about getting my boat back! Thanks man....Keep the info coming.

Tank

P.S. Merlin540 had me thinking....You are running a stock bravo right? What was the HP on your motor? Did you have it dynoed?? I'm stressin on blowing a drive! I had them go through the whole thing while the boat was apart....Hope it holds!!

Last edited by thisistank; 06-04-2002 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2002, 05:48 PM
merlin540

tank dont worry about the drive i can fix it with quick turn around
see ya charlie

Old 06-04-2002, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

quick turn around and a drain of the pocket book!!!

Just got off the phone with my mechanic...I need to get a new manifold!! Will be here in 3 days hopefully...Everything else is done...motor is going to be putting out 650HP! I'm thinking I should just buy a new drive now!!

Tank

Quick Reply: Ran good last night...finally outran someone!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.