What to look out for on 24 Outlaws >

What to look out for on 24 Outlaws

Notices

What to look out for on 24 Outlaws

Old 07-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to look out for on 24 Outlaws

I have a friend who looking for a Baja here in Ontario. I have the 25 but he does,'t want to spend the $$ on one of these. I know they have a wood floor and carpet. What should we look out for on these boats? Thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The wood floor and carpet SEEM to hold up pretty well, I just wish it was the "snap in" style. Speaking from experience the one thing to check is the Gimbal ring/bearing. those smaller Outlaws are pretty cramped in the engine compartment, and changing the Gimbal bearing is a giant PITA, so, if you have someone change it for you its pricey.

Michael
Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

floor centers , lower back seats bulkhead, deck hatches all rot out. I had mine rebuilt over the years. 1st thing I did after the boat was 6yrs old was replace carpet with a rubber floor. also after 10yrs I had rebuilt the center floor myself and motor hatch out of decolite balsa with a pro stock scoop. then the seals around the deck leaked into the cabin and coring, so my marina cut out the wet balsa layed new and glassed in the hatch sides so if water got by it would not get into cabin. also these boats would of been bulit proof if baja made a full bulkhead at the cabin and backseat area. I started these things on mine but its just sitting apart. I bought a saber 28 which has all the bulkheads you could dream of a real custom boat so we are rigging it now. when its done I finish the baja.