Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Thinking of Purchase - 1998 252 Opinions? >

Thinking of Purchase - 1998 252 Opinions?

Notices

Thinking of Purchase - 1998 252 Opinions?

Old 07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Is there somewhere online to find that info by year, or it's just info you have? Also, is there a way to find out specific numbers of specific configurations, Boss packages, Anniversary editions, stuff like that?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:54 PM
jfm
Registered

It is on BBO, BajaBoatOwners.com. I didn't see any of that info. It does show how many 272 islanders, 272, and shooters per year. Along with all the other models built by Baja. Glad to help.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by puzzleboy
Thanks! Is there somewhere online to find that info by year, or it's just info you have? Yep, BBO Also, is there a way to find out specific numbers of specific configurations, Boss packages, Anniversary editions, stuff like that? Not really, unless you want to contact Sea Ray?
To bad there was nobody left to fill-in the 2008 (HALF YEAR) numbers....I guess the guard did not have that information. LOL
Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jetskidrewski
Alright, alright you caught me. Yep it's Andrew.

How are things in Bucyrus? I follow the XT progress and it looks like things are going well - great to see that!

I ran across this 252, was looking at a Hammer X, or 247 but both are way out of price for me. Also thought about a 1st gen P22, but can across this 252 and thought why not.

Anything you didn't like about the 252? I would be using it on Lk. St. Clair and Huron once in a while.

How should it run with the 454?
Where is this boat located....I think I'm interested in it?

A 454 Mag MPI is a great engine in that boat, just as good as the 502 MPI. Low to mid 60's.

XT
Old 07-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jetskidrewski
Alright, alright you caught me. Yep it's Andrew.

How are things in Bucyrus? I follow the XT progress and it looks like things are going well - great to see that!

I ran across this 252, was looking at a Hammer X, or 247 but both are way out of price for me. Also thought about a 1st gen P22, but can across this 252 and thought why not.

Anything you didn't like about the 252? I would be using it on Lk. St. Clair and Huron once in a while.

How should it run with the 454?
Id pick the 252 in a heartbeat over the rest of those. Decent cockpit & cuddy for overnighting, mid sized-easy to tow and most importantly (to me) they have really held on to their value over the years. The 247 was actually a fun little boat if you are into open bows.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

I have mine for sale locally but have not put it on here or boat trader cause it cost money.

None of thos problems talked about, boat is Turn key, trailer is ready for long hauls too.

http://hsvracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43876
Old 07-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Registered

I bought mine new in March '98 and still love it. It's a great all-around boat and I can't think of anything specific that I would consider an issue.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Price???

What's a fair price for this boat?

It looks clean, and has 50 hours on the engine.

I haven't found many out there for sale, and It's still a buyers market. I have seen a couple nearing the $30,000 range, but this seems wayyy over priced?

What's everyone think?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default :( - 252 is a no go

The boat is a repo at Harrison Marine In Michigan.

So I looked at the boat last night. It was near perfect. Only one scratch in the gel, no stress cracks that I could find anywhere. Very clean, only needed a good scrubbing. Perfect boat for what we are looking for.

Then I got home, luckily I haden't put my bid in yet. My wife informed me that a friend of a friend of a friend had posted about a Baja on Facebook. Well I went to take a look and the post went like this "just bid on a Baja for 24000" Well they way outbid what I could afford for this boat so its a no go.

Thanks for all the help up until now.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Hello,

I know this is an older post relative to the 1998 Baja 252. I am considering looking at one to purchase. However the posts relative to transom and stringer rot has me very concerned. I believe also XT-Innovator is/was a Baja employee so all your opinions are very important to me.

I also have a 34' Silverton Express and when I was researching boats in this size I found out mid to late 80's Wellcraft 32' and 34' cruisers were notorious for stringer rod.

My question; does the 1998 Baja 252 have the same reputation for stringer and transom rot. My concern is not only making sure I get a good boat, but if I decide to re-sell it will it be a hindrance with a rot reputation?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, it is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.