Looking for 342 Boss

Notices

Looking for 342 Boss

Old 12-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nick9671
There is a 2003 on there that looks like exactly what I want, but 120k!!!! proud of that one!
Like I said earlier. That's Keth Atlanta's boat. That ad is 5+ years old. His boat has Ralar 600s in it now and as far as I know it's not even for sale.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nick9671
Funny I actually spoke to my mechanic about that but according to him it would be a pretty large project and would cost me too much money to justify. Lots of modifications and rewiring of the boat
My genset may have been added afterwards. It's not exactly as I've seen others. It's not centered in the bilge. It's on starboard side. It also sits in a tray. I haven't seen any other 342 gennys set up like mine. Controls in cabin look a little different as well.

Another thing mine has that I don't think was a factory option, the Vacuflush macerates and flushes directly into the Ohio River out the bottom of the boat. I have found no valve to direct the waste into the tank. I love it!! Rule used to be girls only and number 1 only. Now that I know I'm not storing poop....bombs away!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for 342 Boss-7.jpg  

Last edited by Baja_342; 12-07-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats pretty intersting... i know here if you have a pooper on board you are inspected every year to make sure the valve is closed, and has a TAG on it every year. but if you have no valve, wonder what they do?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Registered

The only valve I have found to date is the pump in the bilge used to draw water for flushing the toilet. I think someone replumbed the entire system to bypass the holding tank. I don't think discharging was ever a factory option.

There are wose things in the Ohio River than my pee
Old 12-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja_342
The only valve I have found to date is the pump in the bilge used to draw water for flushing the toilet. I think someone replumbed the entire system to bypass the holding tank. I don't think discharging was ever a factory option.

There are wose things in the Ohio River than my pee
I'm POSITIVE it wasn't a option! Glad I don't swim in the Ohio River. Not saying others don't do that. At least it's bio degradable.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baja_342
Like I said earlier. That's Keth Atlanta's boat. That ad is 5+ years old. His boat has Ralar 600s in it now and as far as I know it's not even for sale.
No it's not forsale. Unless things have changed in the last couple days.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so every time you flush? it turn on the masserator?

the vacuflush system buld a vavum on the holding tank, and when you flush it sucks the whole line dry, you let go of tolet arm/foot thing and the tolet seals and pump starts creating avacume on the honlding tank again.

if this is out of the system.. where is it building a vacume? just the line it self? and then you have to turn ont he maserator and a pump ? or what?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered

No arm at base of toilet, like you see on most. I have one electric push button in the head. When you push it it engages a pump in the bilge, pulls river water in to flush the bowl, macerates and pumps out the bottom of the hull. You just hold the button for like 5 seconds then drink another beer. I think it's magic

No one has shat in it for the year and a half I've owned it. I've only used it once or twice. My wife, kids and other guests have used it often. We got the boat late summer 2010. No one used until this past season. After using it this season, I went to have it pumped in October and nothing would suck up the line. I thought I had a problem (air leak or something). I was going to run pink antifreeze down it until I could pull up the floor, follow the lines to the tank and figure it out in the spring. My wife happened to be washing the boat while I flushed the antifreeze. (boat was on the trailer) She yelled up that pink stuff was coming out the bottom of the boat. I jumped down and sure enough. I still think there must be a valve somewhere, but I don't know where else to look. Why go through the trouble to replumb it and not leave yourself a legal option to store waste?

Last edited by Baja_342; 12-08-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
I'm POSITIVE it wasn't a option! Glad I don't swim in the Ohio River. Not saying others don't do that. At least it's bio degradable.
Dave,

Can you imagine how much pee your wading in at Jobbie Nooner......or pee buckets dumped over the side at Put-in-Bay!

I know a couple girls that had infections from the Sandusky barge party after THAT pee fest. But hey, it is probably worth it.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
No it's not forsale. Unless things have changed in the last couple days.
Its not advertised but I would sell it - I wont give it away. I put a lot of work in this son of a gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.