25 Outlaw hatch hinges >

25 Outlaw hatch hinges

Notices

25 Outlaw hatch hinges

Old 08-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 Outlaw hatch hinges

I have searched high and low to try and find some replacement hinges for my 2002 25 Outlaw. They are like piano hinges about 2ft long or so with one side of the hing having an "L" on it that runs under the back of the hatch. Open to any ideas of other styles. Have tried Great Lakes Skipper website but no luck. Mine after 10 years are getting a little rough and I would like to replace now. Any help would be appreciated...
Old 08-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Registered

What hinges are you looking for? The back seat ?,
Old 08-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

The Hatch Hinges. They are like 1 1/2" mounted inside on the lip per say on the back of the boat and up to the pin and then down 1 1/2" with an "L" per say and another 1 1/2" that goes under the hatch and is screwed into the fiberglass underneath. I presume that you probably have the same type given you too have a 2002 25 Baja Outlaw? I just took out the two boxes glassed inside the engine compartment that on one side the batteries are mounted to and a ram and the other side the tilt and trim pump and bracket and ram! Cut them out in 1 hr per side, built new custom boxes, glassed them in, put in 4" round access panels on the sides that run parallel to the stringers and I was able to through bolt all my powder coated battery trays and the rams now sit down on their own brackets on the side! Email me at [email protected] and I will send you some photos!

Last edited by baja25sst; 08-03-2011 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have looked into a custom hinge manufacturer making some for my inventory. They required a 100 foot minimum run of any custom hinge. If a hinge is 12" long thats 100 hinges that I would have to purchase and stock. Just did not have the funds that Baja Marine had to do that right now, unless you can find me like 30 Baja owners that need hinges? The local vendor that provided them for Baja went out of business when Baja did in 2008. I can provide drawings, or my one sample?

XT
Attached Thumbnails 25 Outlaw hatch hinges-imgp4989.jpg   25 Outlaw hatch hinges-imgp4990.jpg   25 Outlaw hatch hinges-imgp4987.jpg  

25 Outlaw hatch hinges-imgp4988.jpg  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Well, my hinges are 2ft long each (one on the starboard side and another on the port side)! So 4 foot per Baja. So that means we need 24 more Bajas only, minus yours would be 23?. Dang, there has GOT to be a better way? What kind of money are we talking about for 100ft of this hinge? I talked to a sheet metal fabrication shop today and they kind of mentioned what you may have done per your photos which looks like taking a standard hinge and welding the other part to it and a bend and drilling it out? Email me what ya got if you would at [email protected] as I sure would like to see what you have done or learn more. I am not sure what mine are made out of now but I know taking out the screws will result in them all breaking or stripping out (not sure what is behind all of this on the transom or under the hatch as I do this.

It really does not seem like rocket scientist work per say for a company that makes the hinge to make one side 1 1/2" to the pin and the other side 3" away from the pin and oh by the way, bend a 90 halfway through that 3" side? Send it to me without the bend and I could have a machine cut it in 2ft sections and put bends on each piece.

SO, what would one be willing to pay for two 2 ft hinges to fit their boat? Forty bucks per side? Okay, count me in as what are my other options?

Last edited by baja25sst; 08-03-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

I found a vendor, VERY receptive young lady that was willing to help! She wants the dimensions which I will provide to her tomorrow and they say they sell in as little as 6ft lengths! Stay tuned (oh-can drill and do in stainless too!). I will keep u posted on the price!