Raising tow hook... >

Raising tow hook...

Notices

Raising tow hook...

Old 08-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising tow hook...

Is there an option for raising the tow hook in the back on our 272? Before I get flamed, I have kids and they like the water toys. The issue is the rope seems to drag in the water. Was wondering if there is an item to raise the tow eye, before I break out the square wave 355 and design our own. Maybe they just do not weight enough. Oh and the O'brien hurly is very lack luster and not worth the money. Returned it after 1 day.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i saw one in overton's that hooked to the cleats and was a raised pole style and it was removeable so you werent stuck with it like you would be with a wake board tower
Old 08-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

I had one of these on my Hammer and was very pleased. Its either 5ft or extend to 8ft for wake boarding.

http://www.skylonsports.com/barefoot...ard-poles.html
Old 08-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No flaming necessary. I was just wondering about this a few weeks back.
I'm considering a wakeboat but not sold on the concept yet.
If my boat doesn't sell, I'm bringing her home and will prolly look into a set up like this. The 26 makes a great launch ramp at wakeboard speed, but the rope drag with the little ones is a pia. No way bolting anything in, but if it is secure I'll try it.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

I had the exact same problem, plus I was getting tired of spending $100 on gas to go "tubing"

So, I jumped on Kijiji and found a 16ft ski boat with a 90HP outboard, it was a little rough, faded paint, interior was rough. I paid 2K for it. Now when kids want to play we use the "ski" boat. I figure what it cost for the boat I will save on gas in a couple years.

Just a thought!
Michael
Old 08-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Registered

PS: I LOVE O'Brien ski's, but find Sportsstuff makes the coolest water toys, just my 2 cents (-:
Old 08-24-2011, 01:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I think Nordic used to make some telescoping ski poles models for their smaller boats. Might check that forum to see if you can buy one from Nordic, or if someone has removed theirs.

Also, the West Coast guys have removeable poles for their Go-Fasts that run in the Catalina Offshore Ski Race. Might check with Teague Custom Marine if they can source one or point you in the right direction.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 08-24-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:01 AM
Registered

Had the same problem on my 253 checkmate...changed to a 4 blade bravo 1 prop, and use a bit of tab to flatten out the boat...and bingo! No more tube passenger getting squirted with a fire hose as we pulled them...I suggest trying different 4 blade props and using tab when pulling and see if that works.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

So if I use the tabs to nose down the boat it may help? Sweet. We are running a mirage 4 blade SS I think 15 by 26 degree. Tops out at about 5000 rpm and playing with the trim 66 or so mph in the lakes.

What extender pole set up in California ? I have seen the slip on poles extensions but you need a pole to which it slips on to and we lack that in our 272. Thinking of naming it " wet hole "
Old 08-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered

Yep...it made the firehose go away on my boat...however, when i pull a kneeboarder they have trouble getting back behind the boat once they get outside the wake...I pull at about 30mph and the wake is about 1ft high on the sides of it so watching them try to get back behind the boat is entertaining

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.