Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
95 mph 36 outlaw >

95 mph 36 outlaw

Notices

95 mph 36 outlaw

Old 10-09-2011, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My set up is way off for sure. Just tired of spending money on a hull that rides nice, but is not efficient at all.

On the other hand, my payment is cheap and if I break another drive, I am going to go to Arnesons and end the carnage. And then I will have a cool roost and will be running in the 90's for sure !!!!

Obviously Drill It has found the right set up on his boat. I ran across a guy once who had an Active Thunder. He had ext boxes and actually moved his motors forward and was running over 100 with a straight bottom boat !!!!

Last edited by Smitty; 10-09-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
My set up is way off for sure. Just tired of spending money on a hull that rides nice, but is not efficient at all.

On the other hand, my payment is cheap and if I break another drive, I am going to go to Arnesons and end the carnage. And then I will have a cool roost and will be running in the 90's for sure !!!!

Obviously Drill It has found the right set up on his boat. I ran across a guy once who had an Active Thunder. He had ext boxes and actually moved his motors forward and was running over 100 with a straight bottom boat !!!!
Your like me,, you have reached a point where you are just tired of trying to make anymore major changes, you just want your boat to be turn key and try to have fun using it without breaking. My motor has just over 100 hours on it and has been in for 4 or 5 seasons and even though it hasn't lost any power it is starting to get some blow by so its time to freshen it, this time I am just rebuilding mine exactly the way it is and going to run it another 4 or 5 seasons, Smitty
Old 10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm in the same situation, I just want it to be turn key.

If I could eek another .8 mph out of it ,it will have ran
95 and I'll achieve everything I wanted to do with this boat.

All I need is that perfect day.....and nothing break
Old 10-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
I'm in the same situation, I just want it to be turn key.

If I could eek another .8 mph out of it ,it will have ran
95 and I'll achieve everything I wanted to do with this boat.

All I need is that perfect day.....and nothing break
I hear that! I got within 1/2 a mph to be at my personal goal, got tired of breaking stuff and have put it back to a more every day friendly boat that my wife can operate
Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

"Dock's ran 80 yesterday in NY waters in the trim it's in now, "Tipsea" trim."

NitrousNolan, does this mean Doc's boat was sold again?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

arcticfriends Sounds like you had a blast running with that guy! Those are the days we all wish for when we are boating!

Mine has the "team baja" poker run cabin with the simpson nets. I love it. Just needs bullet proof drives!

So if I get mine "dialed in" it should run well over 100.....!

or he has more then 750hp a side?!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Registered

Well after reading this thread it gives me hope. I have always been told to run that fast you need a lot of power. All the newer boats are running in the low to mid 80's with stock 525's. They all have extension boxes or drives with a box built in it, shorty's and 5 or 6 blade props. The set up is everything, so it looks like I am in the market for some extension boxes and shorty drives. I just put new power in the boat this year even with all the other costs involved still cheaper than a new boat. Besides we love the boat all the way around we have owned it for almost 11 years. My how time fly's!!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by seans36baja
Well after reading this thread it gives me hope. I have always been told to run that fast you need a lot of power. All the newer boats are running in the low to mid 80's with stock 525's. They all have extension boxes or drives with a box built in it, shorty's and 5 or 6 blade props. The set up is everything, so it looks like I am in the market for some extension boxes and shorty drives. I just put new power in the boat this year even with all the other costs involved still cheaper than a new boat. Besides we love the boat all the way around we have owned it for almost 11 years. My how time fly's!!
Lets see some pix. Also give details on the power
Old 12-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Driver
"Dock's ran 80 yesterday in NY waters in the trim it's in now, "Tipsea" trim."

NitrousNolan, does this mean Doc's boat was sold again?
I ended up buying Doc's old boat from the dealer in Michigan after some dealing and a unbeatable trade-in. It can still see 80 in some chop. Props are going to Brett this winter to hopefully gain a more efficient cruising and a few mile an hour.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
Lets see some pix. Also give details on the power
drpete3 I don't have any pictures still running a little behind on this digital and techinal stuff. I can tell you the motors are 2008 525 efi's that have been refreshed and dynoed at 580 plus each. Curently running 28 4 blade, but I am in the rev's we are trying 30's this weekend. I wil post some numbers next week hoping to see 80.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.