95 mph 36 outlaw >

95 mph 36 outlaw

Notices

95 mph 36 outlaw

Old 12-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by charlie boy
I ve been reading your posts with interest, i too have got a 36 2001 outlaw which i have repowered with raylar 600s, ive had only a couple of running but with WOT i ve had 79.5 with a strong tide behind but normally get 77, i need to a bit of prop testing and i am going to try some 29" mirage plus props next, i am currently running 28" hydromotives but dont seem to be picking the bow up enough! hope to hear more about your boats soon! Regards Charlie
Baja's don't like the hydromotive props. They tend to like the bravo props with a cup put in the them. Bblades has the props for Baja's lined out. Give him a shout I'm sure he can pick you up some speed as well as get the bow up.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
The drains are to slow the corrosion process. They won't keep water out of the engine if there is a failure in the header. The idea is to keep the water out of them when the boat is stored.
Obviously this only plays a factor with salt water correct Jason? I've never really pondered draining headers or the motor as my boat is always in freshwater.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seans36baja
Well after reading this thread it gives me hope. I have always been told to run that fast you need a lot of power. All the newer boats are running in the low to mid 80's with stock 525's. They all have extension boxes or drives with a box built in it, shorty's and 5 or 6 blade props. The set up is everything, so it looks like I am in the market for some extension boxes and shorty drives. I just put new power in the boat this year even with all the other costs involved still cheaper than a new boat. Besides we love the boat all the way around we have owned it for almost 11 years. My how time fly's!!
You'll definately want shorty drives and extension boxes. I wouldn't waste much money on XR's if thats what your currently running and trying to acheive speed and increased HP many have destroyed XR's running higher HP. Your 99 model will have the deeper X dimension. I believe it was 2002 that it was raised on mosts models so chances are you'll be looking at something in a Imco drive where you can run a -3" shorty. Good luck and hope you find that magic setup.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
You'll definately want shorty drives and extension boxes. I wouldn't waste much money on XR's if thats what your currently running and trying to acheive speed and increased HP many have destroyed XR's running higher HP. Your 99 model will have the deeper X dimension. I believe it was 2002 that it was raised on mosts models so chances are you'll be looking at something in a Imco drive where you can run a -3" shorty. Good luck and hope you find that magic setup.
Thank you for the tips I am going to send my 30's to bblades and tell them my set up. The header drains are for salt water if they were to fail you come back and use your boat 2 or 3 weeks later and the motor is locked up. Most of all of the racers and pokers runners are doing this as safety precaution.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you'll see a big difference when you get the 30's back.Everyone I have ever seen do alot of mods, seems to have alot of problems staying on the water. The speeds not that big of a deal to me, I just want it turn key so I can be out on the water as much as possible. Good luck and safe boating!