Baja Bandit water drainage >

Baja Bandit water drainage

Notices

Baja Bandit water drainage

Old 10-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Bandit water drainage

I've got a 1996 Bandit with water built up in the back seat armrests that comes up all the way up into the drink holders. What can I do to get it to drain ? The bilge is empty, but if you lift out the drink holders, there's loads of water stored in there.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TVRadioBob
I've got a 1996 Bandit with water built up in the back seat armrests that comes up all the way up into the drink holders. What can I do to get it to drain ? The bilge is empty, but if you lift out the drink holders, there's loads of water stored in there.
Drill holes down through the armrests put rubber tubes/hoses on the drink holders, but if you've got water built up in there expect rot soon as that wood wasn't treated.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Registered

Default re: Water Drainage

Thanks Irish...I'll look into that. I didn't know if it should drain automatically or if maybe something had clogged up a drain hole, but the water definitely needs to go !
Old 10-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TVRadioBob
Thanks Irish...I'll look into that. I didn't know if it should drain automatically or if maybe something had clogged up a drain hole, but the water definitely needs to go !
Yea none of the cupholders in the interior had drains. They either drained like yours does or down behind the dash. I plugged mine with silicone rather have to stick a towel to soak it up than have rotten wood.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered

Default re: Water Drainage

Just for everyone's knowledge...I unbolted and removed both back seat armrests today, and as it turns out, there's a hollow molded plastic piece (almost like a hard water jug) inside the armrest where that water sits when it goes thru the hole in the cup holder. The stupid thing is, when they designed it, they didn't put any drainage holes at all in that molded plastic. So, I drilled 2 small holes in the bottom of each armrest to let the water out, and now everything's nice and dry and clear. Amazing that Baja never created a way for that water to make its way out of the boat ! Now, I've got to find a way to get the water underneath the floorboard in the cuddy cabin to drain. The bilge pump doesn't get rid of it, and neither does removing the drain plug from the boat. It still wants to sit there up in front of the gas tank !