Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered

Input on 33 outlaw

Currently I have a 24 outlaw and kicking around the idea of picking up a 98 33 from a friend that needs motors. What is your guys input? Any problems with a 33 or anything to look for with it? What bahas had problems with the hulls?

Registered
    Also what is a 98 33 worth

Registered
    My Boats:
    1992 Baja Boss .38 Special
    As with any boat you have rot and deterioration to deal with. Being a 98 it would depend on how it was taken care of. I'd look for blisters in the gelcoat. I'd have the hull surveyed for rot in stringers and transom. What seems like a good deal now might turn into a expensive repair later. The 33 was by most peoples opinion including myself one of the best hulls they put out. Lots of cockpit room and handles the rough stuff as well as the fact that its a faster than most hull. You'll most likely have a deeper X dimension than the 33's built after 2002 as Baja raised it, so you'll probably need to run 3 blades to get optimum performance. Good luck in whatever you do, but again make sure you check for rot in the wood.

Registered
    My Boats:
    42' Sundancer from 2004 formerly known as Big azz cruiser from 2004. Still looking for the right new 38-42 ft. v-bottom!
    Depending on your budget, you could look for a newer boat. Many Baja's from the 90's have had moisture and rot issues.

Registered
    I can get this one pretty cheap supposably just needs power

Registered
    My Boats:
    Throttleman 36 Cig Gladiator "Unleashed"... Fast 33' Outlaw... Slow 40' Express Cruiser... 18' Kustom Cat... Pair of Kawasaki Ultra 150's... Superjet
    I  Voted
    Love the boat. If you can pick it up for 10k or less then it's a good deal. The boat complete in great condition would prob only sell for 50k. A used boat ALWAYS needs more then you think. Sure the drives are tired also.