Corsa Exhaust Flappers >

Corsa Exhaust Flappers

Notices

Corsa Exhaust Flappers

Old 10-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Exhaust Flappers

I would like to know if I can safely run without the rubber exhaust flappers on the exhaust tips? The boat is a 247 Islander, 2008, with a 496. I would not want to take a chance on getting water back into the exhaust. I only run in inland rivers and inland lakes. I hardly ever get into 3 foot seas, and if I do I am always under way. Looks like the difference in actual lower exhaust height from the water side to the bottom of the actual exhaust elbow on the inside is about 8 inches of rise or more. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Gary
Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't recommend taking them off if your still running the Corsa mufflers. When you come off plane and boat settles into the water you'll take water against back. Your going to gain nothing by taking them off.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't had mine in for the 7 years I've owned my 29, however there is no gain in not having them. I also have IMCO tips that have a lip on them so it would be pretty difficult, but not impossible to get water forced in the exhaust. That being said it would be very difficult for water to enter the engine via the exhaust with the engine at an idle let alone making it up the slope with the engine off.