Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered

New member!! And need help choosing a prop

Hey guys I have a Baja 275 w/496ho I currently have a 21p revolution 4 prop that was on the boat when I bought it. The pitch is to low I'm spiking 5500 rpms. I went on mercurys prop selector and they recommended 3 props a bravo 1 22p, a rev 4 23p, and a mirage 23p. What prop do u think will give me the most speed/ best performance I hear the 4 blades have better hole shot and handling but that the mirage is usually about 2 mph faster top speed. My boat currently runs 61 on gps at 5400rpms would love to see 65 maybe 66 if possible and get the rpms down to 5000 where they should be. Any input is greatly appreciated

My Boats:
    1998 BAJA 33 OUTLAW
    I would try the revolution 23.It has a bit less diameter than the Bravo,your x dimension is most likely in a good location for running a four blade over the three blade.That should bring you rpms's down to about 5 grand and get you a few mph.

Registered
    Yea that's what I was leaning towards the boat acts great with the revolution on there now just not enough pitch obviously

My Boats:
    1999 Baja 33 Outlaw
    I would definitely stick with a 4 blade in a single..much better handling...my guess on your setup would be a weak 26 Bravo 1 or a 25 Hydromotive QIV...If you have the ability to try some, i would sure look into these...the Bravo props tend to be a bit weaker than the Hydro's..( pitch wise)..could be 24 Bravo and 23 or 24 Hydro too..just have to trial and error

Registered
    My Boats:
    1992 Baja Boss .38 Special
    Try a 24p Bravo prop. I had that setup on my 1995 272 with a 502Mag and it worked great. You might have to have it labbed if your looking for a optimum setup, but should get you close to where you want to be. Baja's like bowlift and to get this you'll most likely need to send the prop out to have it worked. I'd recommend Bblades. Brett knows Baja's and usually gets them the first try.

My Boats:
    BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
    call Brett at bblades you could try both props rev 4 23 and a b1 22 or 24, I'd put my money on the rev thought. you have a deep propshaft about 7 -7 1/2''.

Registered
    If I got the rev 4 do people get those labbed as well?

Platinum Member Platinum Member Knot 4 Me's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Old/Heavy/Slow
    Check your tach. Rev limiter is at 5150 on a 496HO. Unless that ECU was sent off the Whipple, you are not turning 5,400 - 5,500 RPM.

Registered
    Eh I'm pretty sure the tach is correct the alarm will sound around 5400 or at least when the tach says 5400...

Registered
    My Boats:
    1992 Baja Boss .38 Special
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Baja275 View Post
    If I got the rev 4 do people get those labbed as well?
    Labbing usually picks you up 200-250 rpm's. Blueprinting it for you boat is usually how you pick up more. You'll only know after you run it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast