750 hp baja 25 outlaw >

750 hp baja 25 outlaw

Notices

750 hp baja 25 outlaw

Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 750 hp baja 25 outlaw

Whats up boyz i need some help iam having a 750 hp engine put in my 25 outlaw in spring, I need some info on what I should do with the drive setup. Do I put on shorty or ext box or both and if I should go full hydraulic steering with one ram or 2 thanks. O ya my drive now is bravo 1 with 300 tame hrs
Old 12-12-2011, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd recommend Extension Box, Dual Ram FULL hydraulic steering and a Imco SC Exreme drive you could skip the box, but your drive won't last that long and without full hydraulic steering neither will you. Not trying to be a ass just stating what I know to be facts. Your looking at speeds above 80mph.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Registered

DUAL RAM full hydro steering is a must!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

When setting up your boat, do one thing at the time. Dual hydraulic steering is a must though. Don't think so much about the shorty and box, spend the money on making it live to begin with, You have a timebomb on your hands, so be prepared to spend money on new drive parts. Keep spare gears, shafts ect. if you want to avoid down time. Important but often overlooked things when doing this kind of swap are.
Full dual ram hydraulic steering.
Fuel system that can feed the power without problems.
Cooling system.
Drive. (Mr. Gadgets, Max Works ect.)

Don't add both the box and shorty at the same time. Do the box and make it work, then you can try a shorty. Doing several things at once when setting up, is just a nasty can of worms.

Last edited by A.O. Razor; 12-13-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't have an extension box without hydraulic steering. It is not possible to use the factory steering with a box.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
When setting up your boat, do one thing at the time. Dual hydraulic steering is a must though. Don't think so much about the shorty and box, spend the money on making it live to begin with, You have a timebomb on your hands, so be prepared to spend money on new drive parts. Keep spare gears, shafts ect. if you want to avoid down time. Important but often overlooked things when doing this kind of swap are.
Full dual ram hydraulic steering.
Fuel system that can feed the power without problems.
Cooling system.
Drive. (Mr. Gadgets, Max Works ect.)

Don't add both the box and shorty at the same time. Do the box and make it work, then you can try a shorty. Doing several things at once when setting up, is just a nasty can of worms.
Really good advice, bump up the power THEN change drive height, setback etc otherwise if boat doesn't have the speed you are expecting you will be chasing your tail, Smitty
Old 12-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Really good advice, bump up the power THEN change drive height, setback etc otherwise if boat doesn't have the speed you are expecting you will be chasing your tail, Smitty
Isnt that the truth.