Notices

Boxes

Old 01-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
The problem with redundant anything where they both run at the same time and the engine will run the same on only one is that You won't know that one is dead untill they both are.
I wonder if there is a way to put an alarm on it, so if one of the fuel pumps fail, I will know. Or if there is a way to kill the procharger and the engine. So it won't over heat and blow up. I do monitor the fuel the whole time I am running the engine. I don't know if i will be able to save it in time. If they did fail.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
Since i have a procharger on the boat, I will be definitly going with the msd box, as back up incase I leave the water with the boat. The boat came with the procharger, but the owner couldn't get the timing with the rev limiter so he never put it on. But since you said it is a fuel cut then the engine would still blow up. So I guess it happened for a reason. So now I know to get a msd box instead of a rev limiter. If I get a msd box , I shouldn't need a rev limiter correct? Becasue it won't help in my situation.
I think the MSD ingnition obx has a built in adjustable reev limiter. thats what you want. niot a fuel cut one.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mittens
I think the MSD ingnition obx has a built in adjustable reev limiter. thats what you want. niot a fuel cut one.
Thanks for the informations. That is what people tell me, to go with the msd box. I guess i will have a busy summer at the race shop I am going to. I can't wait to get it dyno so I know the exact horse power in that boat. The original owner thought 620hp or it might even be 700hp. Becasue he put the charger on it , and a better manifold and a couple of extra things. The second owner ( who i bought it from) knew nothing about the boat except how to put gas in it. He did nothing to the baot except drive it 6 times.
So I am trying to learn as much as possible about it now. I am not a motor guy, so everytihn is very new and trying to find people in the area to assist me is difficult. I have a real good mechanice that can take care of normal but stuff, but this new area of high performance is new to him, but he is willing to learn on my behalf. So I found a race shop that builds engines for race cars for 30 years and he also works on 24ft to 40 ft high performance boats, with big horse power. So I think I am in good shape and have everything covered, just need to find sa good upholstry guy and body guy. But a good friend of mine ownes a body shop and he is pretty good with stuff and he owns a 34ft sea ray cabin cruiser. thank you again