Notices

Silent choice yes or no?

Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silent choice yes or no?

Hello all.
I am doing a repower on my 25 ol, going from a 7.4 mpi to a slightly modified 502 mpi. At this point I am trying to figure out my exhaust system. I know that I need to purchase a set real soon and I need to figure out what riser to go with. My boat now has the corsa silent choice system in it. My question is should I keep it or get rid of it when I swap motors? I plan to sell the boat at the mid to end of this 2012 season. Having the silent choice, will that help sell the boat or do most of you guys not care about that? Myself I like it loud and when I bought the boat that wasnt a real selling point for me but it was there so I figured it could stay.
Any feedback would be helpful!
Thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't own a boat w/o silent choice. When idling thru marinas or at the ramp, it's nice to be able to be courteous, or just when some peace and quite is nice too.
Besides, you already have it. Install it. Doesn't mean you have to flip it on.

More buyers will pass on the boat from it not having silent choice, than will because it does and they don't want it.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 02-03-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with US1, 100%

I have Stainless marine risers with IMCO mufflers and I wish I had silent choice! I actually made up my mind that my "next" boat will have it, no matter what, its a "deal breaker" if it doesn't.

My boat is reasonably quiet with mufflers, but, as US1 Says, it IS nice to be able to be quiet when you want to be courteous. For me, I always feel kinda awkward pulling into a beach, or near fishermen when things are quiet and its a "family environment" with a loud boat, as silly as it sounds I dont really want to contribute the "stigma" of loud boats/obnoxious boater stereotypes

Its also nice late at night, 20 years ago our cottage was the only one for miles and it really didn't matter how loud your boat [or anything else] was, but, much like most places near water its slowly been built up to the point where I do have neighbours now, so, going out at 10 or 11 at night, or coming back to dock at that time, it would be nice to be "quiet" coming into the bay. I have never had a neighbour complain, but, I just like the idea of being courteous. I leave my boat there year round and I have found if your neighbours actually LIKE you they are more inclined to keep an eye on your stuff for you when your not around.

Just my thoughts! I LOVE the sound of open pipes on just about ANYTHING [except 2 strokes] but, I can also appreciate peace and quiet too. If you keep the silent choice you [and the potential buyer] will have the option, and again, like US1 said, most people wouldn't NOT buy your boat because it HAS silent choice, but, there are people who WOULD pass on it because it doesn't.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Registered

Fixed mufflers on my 30 Outlaw and would like to be able to make'm bark at times but appreciate nobody giving me crap. Choice on my AT and like having the option either way
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I agree having the option is great! I have been leaning towards the stainless marine set for the silent choice, thats going to run about $2200 new, but when you are surfing on swap shop and a set pops up for $700 but is Not made for silent choice its hard to pass up!!! I havent seen any used sets out there made for silent choice, or risers for that matter I guess there just hard to come by. I just wanted to hear it from a few people that I was doing the right thing by keeping the corsa system.
Thanks