Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
OK, so what seperates the "performance" series from the "outlaws"? >

OK, so what seperates the "performance" series from the "outlaws"?

Notices

OK, so what seperates the "performance" series from the "outlaws"?

Old 06-21-2002, 11:13 AM
dloftis

Default OK, so what seperates the "performance" series from the "outlaws"?

It seems that the outlaws are what most people choose. Just wondering.

Old 06-21-2002, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe it's mostly just looks, styling and ammenities. I don't think there are significant structural differences, besides the obvious(like cockpit layout, bowrider vs flat deck).
Old 06-21-2002, 11:41 AM
dloftis

Bowrider vs Flatdeck? I think you're talking about the islanders, not the performance line.

I've heard that the hull design is different. I don't know for sure though.

Old 06-22-2002, 12:20 AM
Boating Fool

The outlaws definitely have a flat deck. While the performance series are more rounded with curves then straight angles. To me, the wav series in just the bowrider version of the performance series. In all they are all probably the same for the rub rail down.

Old 06-23-2002, 07:40 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the outlaws have a full 24 degree deadrise all the way to the keel and ride alot better in rough water.the performance series boats flatten out in the keel and run faster in calm water
Old 06-23-2002, 10:27 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outlaws do have the 24 degree deadrise all the way. It is much different if you haven't driven one.

Performance has a nicer cuddy in most cases, usually comes with full windshield. They look more like the average Formula, etc.

The outlaw flat deck series (25, 33, 36, 40 and soon to be 30) have the Cigarette look.

Both are great boats. We really liked our 272, and now really love the 36 Outlaw.
Old 06-24-2002, 10:36 AM
Eric1969

How does the Islander series compare? Anyone tried Baja's sport boat line?

Old 06-24-2002, 11:21 AM
dloftis

The Islander series have the same hulls as the performance series.

Old 06-24-2002, 10:52 PM
btrysNOTincld

Actually, it depends on the boat you are comparing. I know that my 342 Boss (Performance) has the exact same hull as the 33 Outlaw, just different from the rubrail, up. I actually bought the wrong boat, 'cause I'm a speed freak, but U've dumped enough into engine upgrades that I dust most 33 Outlaws I run into.

BTW, "Boss" you can get the performance series without the sissy windshield, just so you don't have to go around looking like a Formula, check it out: (If I can get the picture to show, you'll see my 342 coming off plane and to the right is a Triple engine Formula - with sissy windshield- who just got dusted!)
Attached Thumbnails OK, so what seperates the "performance" series from the "outlaws"?-texoma-poker-run-2001b-postsize.jpg  

Old 06-24-2002, 10:53 PM
btrysNOTincld

Here's another pic of Batteries Not Included, sans windshield...
Attached Thumbnails OK, so what seperates the "performance" series from the "outlaws"?-texoma-poker-run-2001-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: OK, so what seperates the "performance" series from the "outlaws"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.