Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Picking up my 36 Outlaw tomorrow from Mitcher T's >

Picking up my 36 Outlaw tomorrow from Mitcher T's

Notices

Picking up my 36 Outlaw tomorrow from Mitcher T's

Old 03-08-2012, 03:40 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Ouch, that really sucks but I'm glad nobody got hurt. The paint job really looks great. I noticed the graphic on the side resembled the rear decal on my old 2006 Baja. Very cool touch. Hope things go good getting the boat fixed and that your on the water in no time.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn that blows!!! No pun intended. I have lost a cockpit cover on the interstate and almost caused a major wreck. Luckily my misfortune only required a few canvas patches after a semi ran over my cover.

Sorry for the set back and good luck with the project!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, if you got room...ask Mitch if my bike is finished and load it up.... :>
Boat looks great!

Opps, sorry should have read all the post first..
Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Hank36
For all you Baja owners out there I would like to tell you what happened on the way home Today.I didn't have my cockpit cover on because I didn't want the fresh paint job being slapped by the canvas.Any way long story short the wind was blowing in excess of 30 mph and the lag screws that hold down the hatch actuator on my engine cover /sunpad to the stringer pulled out and my sunpad blew off and skidded down the interstate then was hit by a semi!!!!!The hinges on the sunpad slapped back on the upper part of the stern and f***ed my new paint job before they pulled out of the sunpad base.Thank God no one was hurt and it's something that can be fixed..Customryder will fix my paint for me as he is the best painter in Paducah,Ky by far!! Im hoping Dave at XT will come to my rescue on the Interior and Engine hatch/Sunpad repair.Anyway going to bed,Ive had enough excitement for 2 day's..Hank36
I can relate, but mine was my own fault and there
were about a bazillion witness's.....it definetly does suck
Old 03-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Boat looks great, Mitch has always exceeded my expectations, could quite possibly be the nicest 36 outlaw ive seen, that sucks about the hatch, seen that happen on the water before, not a fun ordeal, good luck getting her back together
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
Boat looks great, Mitch has always exceeded my expectations, could quite possibly be the nicest 36 outlaw ive seen, that sucks about the hatch, seen that happen on the water before, not a fun ordeal, good luck getting her back together
Thanks Ran-Dom 32...Ive been working on all afternoon installing some deck hardware,Finished sanding and buffing my windhield, looks like new,Removed the white stripe on the bottom so it would be completely clear and highlight the deck graphics.Took pictures of damage for Insurance Company,Etc.Gonna take out my cockpit interior tonight to get it ready for recovering.Gonna have my seat bases powdercoated silver along with my swimplatform..Anyway Ive got along ways to go.Breaks over back to work!!Hank36
Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

NICE!! sharp looking detail without the typical spectral vomit so prevelant. great looking classic design that will never go out of style.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered

Default Cockpit interior removed

Got all the interior removed and buffed out all the gel coat in the cockpit area.Looks like new.Know just waiting on Dave at XT Innovations to get my interior and update it to match my new paint...Still have alot to do to get this project finished.....Hank36
Old 03-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 364 Likes on 209 Posts

That came out great!! You should really be happy with it!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Registered

Thanks J-Bonz..Working my tale off.Finished removing all of the Cockpit interior last night and Washed and buffed all of the gel coat in the cockpit area.Looks new again.Still got alot of work to do installing all new gauges,shifters,carbon fiber painted panels,new stainless deck hardware,New led pop up bow light,new exhaust tips,new drive showers,new swimplatform,windshield,repowder coated battery boxes,etc.It's going to be like a new boat when i get it completed.Taking pictures as I go of my project..take care,Hank36

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.