Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Trailer fit help help help !!!!!!!!!!!! >

Trailer fit help help help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices

Trailer fit help help help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trailer fit help help help !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey gents,

I am looking to buy a Venture 12600 Triple Axle to fit my Baja 32' Caliber. I dont want to buy the trailer cause I am unsure of the fit.

Possible Problem, Venture trailers go cheap when it comes to beam length, I would need to place the bow stop on the front portion of the hitch in front of where the beams meet. my concern is that the bow of boat may hit the cross member near where the bow stop usually mounts between the beams.

I cannot do a fit test cause the trailer seller is unsure about me taking the trailer to test the fit. Any ideas or suggestions would really help. Good price for trailer, just dont want to buy a trailer I cant use.
THANKS
Old 03-08-2012, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dmaxximus
Hey gents,

I am looking to buy a Venture 12600 Triple Axle to fit my Baja 32' Caliber. I dont want to buy the trailer cause I am unsure of the fit.

Possible Problem, Venture trailers go cheap when it comes to beam length, I would need to place the bow stop on the front portion of the hitch in front of where the beams meet. my concern is that the bow of boat may hit the cross member near where the bow stop usually mounts between the beams.

I cannot do a fit test cause the trailer seller is unsure about me taking the trailer to test the fit. Any ideas or suggestions would really help. Good price for trailer, just dont want to buy a trailer I cant use.
THANKS
If the trailer seller really wants to sell the trailer, then he maybe he would go with you for a test fit...or maybe if you gave him everything you could think of to identify yourself...he might let you try on your own. I understand his concern and your concern.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2, your best bet is to have him pull the trailer to the ramp and then you test fit the boat. If he doesn't want to do this, he probably doesn't wanna sell the trailer to awful bad. Is your boat going to spend all its time on this trailer? If so the fit has to be very good. Are the bunks adjustable, or will they have to be cut and rewelded to the correct placement. I am having a hard time visualizing where the bow stop will have to be mounted. If you are concerned about it hitting, am I correct that it doesn't have a set of front bunks? If it doesn't, I wouldn't have it, been down that road and it ain't worth the trouble. Personally, I would pass on it, if he won't let you check the fit. If you are just gonna use it as a yard trailer then most of the above doesn't matter.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:46 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm not sure how much help this is going to be but...

I have a 292 Islander on a new Venture trailer. It's the heaviest tandem axle model they make and it has the optional target bunks. Here's some pictures so you can see what my boat looks like on my trailer.

If your getting a Venture trailer, absolutely get the optional target bunks. Other than that, its the best pulling trailer out of anything I've ever pulled. I'm extremely happy with it and won't hesitate to buy another.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Registered

my concern is that the bow of boat may hit the cross member near where the bow stop usually mounts between the beams.
You can always move that bracket. I purchased a new to me trailer last year and modified it quite a bit to get it to fit like I wanted it to. On an aluminum bolt together trailer its easy.

Dan
Old 03-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask him to help you out. If he does not want to do that, go some place else. How helpful is he going so be when you come in with a problem or the like, if he does not want to work a bit for a sale?

Just my op.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all, guy was a typical salesman and wanted $5500 for a 2008 Venture so said F#$% him. Went with rack storage for a year. I'll try again next year.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks all, guy was a typical salesman and wanted $5500 for a 2008 Venture so said F#$% him. Went with rack storage for a year. I'll try again next year.

What a tool. What a stupid way to lose a sale. Good luck with your search next year. Have you tried to contact Myco? Very helpful the few times I've called.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Registered

My boat came with a Venture trailer and was soon replaced with a Myco. The front crossmember you are talking about is able to hit the boat if it is not very deep in the water. No driving up on to this one. Venture trailers are bolt together garbage. I did not see any welded portions on my trailer. You get what you pay for in the long run. Jeff Wurl