Myco Trailer with Drive Guards - Should I keep >

Myco Trailer with Drive Guards - Should I keep

Notices

Myco Trailer with Drive Guards - Should I keep

Old 03-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myco Trailer with Drive Guards - Should I keep

Wanted to get some feedback, I bought a 36 outlaw last fall and traded my old 36 outlaw in. The new 36 came with a 2008 Myco alluminum trailer with Drive Guards, custom built for the Baja. The previous boat I had a Phoenix trailer built for it, which I liked the trailer a lot I just thought why not have a Myco. My issue is now that the Myco is higher and I am a bit worried about launching at some launches in my area and the biggest thing it no longer fits in my garage because of the extra length. Would the trailer be of interest to people and I buy another Phoenix or should i spend the money and extend the garage. I do really love the Myco. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I always liked my Eagle over friends with Myco because of the ride height like you said.

So much that I belive it affected fuel mileage because it sat so much higher.

That being said ,,,Myco is a great trailer that will last the life of the boat with little care.

IMHO the drive guard is a pain in the ass,,,,,,until you get rear ended,,,,then its invaluable !!!!!

PERSONALLY I would throw an Eagle under it and sell the Myco,,,,but thats just me.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

I'd be hard pressed to give up a Myco now after owning one. Granted, I don't have drive guard.

Given that you have a straight bottom boat, I would not worry about launching and boat height. If you had a step bottom, that would be a very different story.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-16-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Whats the issue with the drive guard? I just ordered a new manning and added it. I have to get out and go put the plug in so it's really not that big of a deal to swing a bar open.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
Whats the issue with the drive guard? I just ordered a new manning and added it. I have to get out and go put the plug in so it's really not that big of a deal to swing a bar open.
I dont mind the drive guard at all in regards to opening it. It just when you back down the launch the back of the trailer is more vunerable to hitting bottom, depending on the ramp. And also it adds about 24" of length to my boat so it does not fit in the garage anymore.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FuelinAround
I had manning build my new alluminum trailer with drive guard and love it. Great trailer and you have to unstrap the boat anyways so no big deal to open the guard. Great peace of mind on long hauls with all the idiots on the road.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you cut the drive guard off so it will fit in the garage? From what I have seen of the MYCO trailers they are extremely well built and really nice trailers.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Registered

Could you make the drive guard removable? You could drop it when you got home....maybe do a receiver style with locking pins?
Old 03-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Keep the Myco.remove the drive guard...I ordered a trailer with a drive guard a couple of boats ago,,was a pain in the a$$ on shalow ramps...
and the truth is it really wont be of much help if some one runs in to it moving more than 15mph..
Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I assumed the drive guard was so you didn't hit when backing up, haven't seen one yet that looked like it could take the impact of a car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.