Anyone have a 340 CC? >

Anyone have a 340 CC?

Notices

Anyone have a 340 CC?

Old 03-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Anyone have a 340 CC?

Or anyone spent anytime on one? The layout seems cool. Looks like the head is under the front bolster and the cuddy is pretty roomy. Anyone know how the perform and handle the rough? Wet/dry ride? Comments?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 128 Likes on 51 Posts

The older ones (think pre 02/03 cannot remember it's been so long ago) were more "fishable" from when I sold them and from what my customers said. The fish boxes were almost twice the size and more deck room. The newer ones had smaller boxes in them and didn't seem as well laid out. The rear flip seat was sort of a pain but when kept folded up it was really nice. Cuddy is nice in both and the boat handles excellent and drives great. We always did 225 Opti's on them at the time...sometimes 250 EFI's....always ran well with a good range.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
The older ones (think pre 02/03 cannot remember it's been so long ago) were more "fishable" from when I sold them and from what my customers said. The fish boxes were almost twice the size and more deck room. The newer ones had smaller boxes in them and didn't seem as well laid out. The rear flip seat was sort of a pain but when kept folded up it was really nice. Cuddy is nice in both and the boat handles excellent and drives great. We always did 225 Opti's on them at the time...sometimes 250 EFI's....always ran well with a good range.
Well, considering I don't fish and have no intention of putting a messy fish on my boat, that's not an issue.

I was already panning on bleaching the sh!t out of the fish well behind the helm bosters and turning it into a built in cooler for refreshments! Plus, the early 2000's are in my price range.

Thanks for the info on them. that helps out. Really like the layout, the look and the features. Since I've owned a Baja before I know the build quality is actually better than the bad rap some seem to associate with them.

Another question - How's the "head" under that front seat? You walk down in there and close the hatch? Is it actually roomy enough in there for the ladies to do their business?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 128 Likes on 51 Posts

LOL... Yes, there is actually room down in there. I don't think you are gonna sit in there and read an entire issue of Playboy or anything but enough to get in and get out if you have too lol.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank
Another question - How's the "head" under that front seat? You walk down in there and close the hatch? Is it actually roomy enough in there for the ladies to do their business?
Depends on the size of the ladies
Old 03-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Depends on the size of the ladies
Wifes 5-6 125lbs (her in the back seat of the pic). She's not allowed to bring any of her friends bigger than her!

After never using the heads on either my old Baja or our Top Gun, I'd actually enjoy having a head to use.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a 340 CC?-havasu-2011-3-.jpg  

Last edited by thisistank; 03-30-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Wifes 5-6 125lbs (her in the back seat of the pic). She's not allowed to bring any of her friends bigger than her!

After never using the heads on either my old Baja or our Top Gun, I'd actually enjoy having a head to use.
I was just being a joker. Most of my boats have had at least porto potties for the ladies if absolutely necessary(I was the one stuck cleaning it), The Pantera has a gatorade jug for me, and the wife usually stays home(she is not too keen on the way I drive it), if there are women on the boat, we make sure to make a pit stop every few hours at the bar. My next boat will most likely also be a performance center console, this time with Optimaxes though, the EFI's are fuel hogs.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I was just being a joker. Most of my boats have had at least porto potties for the ladies if absolutely necessary(I was the one stuck cleaning it), The Pantera has a gatorade jug for me, and the wife usually stays home(she is not too keen on the way I drive it), if there are women on the boat, we make sure to make a pit stop every few hours at the bar. My next boat will most likely also be a performance center console, this time with Optimaxes though, the EFI's are fuel hogs.
Ha, I know you were kidding. No offense taken.

And yea, I always just made the girls jump in the water or sit on the swim step and pee!! But it'll be nice to have a head that we actually use.

I've heard the EFI's live the fuel. But the Opti's push the price essay up so I'll deal with the fuel bill.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I just saw a pretty good size Baja CC going north on 75 around Toledo i think it had twin outboards is it anyone from here ???