25' Outlaw setup tinkering >

25' Outlaw setup tinkering

Notices

25' Outlaw setup tinkering

Old 09-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Arcticfriends,

I assume that you had the 272 Performance hull? Did you re-plumb the fuel pick up with that kind of power? Are you completely friggin nuts? Lol
Old 09-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
Arcticfriends,

I assume that you had the 272 Performance hull? Did you re-plumb the fuel pick up with that kind of power? Are you completely friggin nuts? Lol
I modded everything on that 272 from one end to the other, including fuel pickup. Had wiring harness with like 20 extra feet of wire on every lead. redid all that, remounted gas tank where all the screws missed the stringers, bolted seats in correctly, sealed the holes in bilge where water drained thru stringers so they didn't rot out, reinforced gas tank cover in cockpit so it didnt feel like you were going to fall thru, put better motor mounts in and sealed the bolt holes where they bolted in again because no sealent from factory, mounted a second bilge pump where it would actually pump bilge dry instead of allowing water to splash around, Baja guys get really butt hurt when I says these 272's were built real junky when new but its the truth, a little more attention to detail would have went along ways!
Old 09-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyOutlaw
The x was 7.25 before the box, it's a neutral box. The drive is still deep, so I got my hands on a 3blade 28p from a Warlock V bottom. It likes a lot of trim and some tab. A stock 525sc is 490hp at the prop. It's got a little head work on the intake runners and a custom grind roller cam. It looks overtrimmed, but it runs the fastest this way on a digital gps, pushing the bow up and tab for sternlift. I took the exact measurements for the k planes from my buddy's 25 AT Tantrum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PU47GWhypA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eyVJRHRrDg
Quit your whining!!! Lol, man.. That sound is awesome!!
Old 09-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
I modded everything on that 272 from one end to the other, including fuel pickup. Had wiring harness with like 20 extra feet of wire on every lead. redid all that, remounted gas tank where all the screws missed the stringers, bolted seats in correctly, sealed the holes in bilge where water drained thru stringers so they didn't rot out, reinforced gas tank cover in cockpit so it didnt feel like you were going to fall thru, put better motor mounts in and sealed the bolt holes where they bolted in again because no sealent from factory, mounted a second bilge pump where it would actually pump bilge dry instead of allowing water to splash around, Baja guys get really butt hurt when I says these 272's were built real junky when new but its the truth, a little more attention to detail would have went along ways!

Sounds about right, lol. I love my Baja for what it is, but the fit and finish seems like everyday was Friday afternoon at the factory. Still a great bang for the buck and a step into the big boats.