Baja paceboat w/trips >

Baja paceboat w/trips

Notices

Baja paceboat w/trips

Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja paceboat w/trips

One of the few (i think 3 exist) is owned by a person that is local here in the quad cities... And a buddy of mine is possibly looking to buy it. I'll keep everyone posted. I think its a 42' with #6s. It would be used a little more and get to the ozarks every summer if my buddy picks it up.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 42 is the ONLY one! It is the ONLY stepped bottom boat Baja ever made. The ONLY one!!
There are lots of threads on there about the boat. It is a neat boat that will suck up more fuel than I could/would want to afford.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Registered

So, its one of one? I thought there was 3... Ive seen it a couple times. has triples and #6s. think there is exhaust exiting both the sides and stern of the boat. each had blowers i think.

here is an article that was in our paper...

http://qctimes.com/lifestyles/recrea...cc4c002e0.html

This is the paceboat right?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
One of the few (i think 3 exist) is owned by a person that is local here in the quad cities... And a buddy of mine is possibly looking to buy it. I'll keep everyone posted. I think its a 42' with #6s. It would be used a little more and get to the ozarks every summer if my buddy picks it up.
Mike Ohrt is the owner and he actually livs in Albany Ill, about 20min N of Q.C.
I am actually going to his shop in Low Moor tomorrow morning.
I have always liked that boat, in fact I was really on the fence to buy it this past summer. Boat is set up right & is priced very right. The only down fall I could see would be the gas. It would be cool if someone in the area bought it & actually used it, it always gets alot of attention.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Very nice boat and priced great. Maintenance and gas is going to be ALOT.

I wouldn't take it to Lake of the Ozarks. Last I heard, the owner was told to never bring it back.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I wouldn't take it to Lake of the Ozarks. Last I heard, the owner was told to never bring it back.[/QUOTE]

This is not true.
I was at his shop this morning talking with him about this. He was pull over because of a driving reckless complaint and ticketed for noise. He was with his family and tried to tell the water patrol they stopped the wrong boat. of course they hear that all the time so needless to say he got a ticket and was told to take it home & put it on the lift. Later that day he got a call from water patrol saying they needed to talk with him. A long story short water patrol told Mike that they made a mistake & pulled over the wrong boat (I know, hard to believe they admitted they made a mistake) that the boat that was called in had a similar paint job but was a cat, they did pull the cat over later that evening.
This is a one off boat with high dollar parts on it. It would be ashame but it could be parted out and be way money ahead.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ozarkdevil
I wouldn't take it to Lake of the Ozarks. Last I heard, the owner was told to never bring it back.

This is not true.
I was at his shop this morning talking with him about this. He was pull over because of a driving reckless complaint and ticketed for noise. He was with his family and tried to tell the water patrol they stopped the wrong boat. of course they hear that all the time so needless to say he got a ticket and was told to take it home & put it on the lift. Later that day he got a call from water patrol saying they needed to talk with him. A long story short water patrol told Mike that they made a mistake & pulled over the wrwong boat (I know, hard to believe they admitted they made a mistake) that the boat that was called in had a similar paint job but was a cat, they did pull the cat over later that evening.
This is a one off boat with high dollar parts on it. It would be ashame but it could be parted out and be way money ahead.[/QUOTE]

He told a few people he was fed up about being harassed by water patrol about noise at LOTO. He still have it tucked in the back of the body shop?
Old 04-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered

Talking

Just tell him to keep that noisy bastard up here in the GREAT LAKES region we love to hear that ****!There was a sound clip on you tube gotta find it!

Last edited by BURNSMAZZ; 04-10-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's the boat in the Baja 'Speed Changes You' promotional video from some 10 yrs or so ago. I can watch that video over and over.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Registered

Here is a video of the boat..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jegjg_fl9WY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.