Repairing Cracked Windscreen questions >

Repairing Cracked Windscreen questions

Notices

Repairing Cracked Windscreen questions

Old 04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repairing Cracked Windscreen questions

Ok.....My Baja Hammer windscreen is cracked / broken on each corner...new one is way to pricey for me right now....
That being said, how do I know what its made of? lexan/plexi? and is there a way to "glue" / mend it back together?
I plan on doing vinyl wrap over shield when its all said and done to hide the damaged areas.
Any ideas?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts

My 29 OL was cracked in half when I got it just in front of the drivers side from top to bottom... Had the guy who painted my platform, bow rail and fixed some gelcoat fill the crack in mine and then shoot the entire fairing white. Mine was acrylic...not sure if the fairings on the Hammers were the same but I'm sure they were. Cost me about $275 to repair and paint vs $1500 to have one made.
Attached Thumbnails Repairing Cracked Windscreen questions-top-deck-painted-fairing.jpg