Back seat rattle >

Back seat rattle

Notices

Back seat rattle

Old 04-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back seat rattle

I installed 2 10" JL subs in the panel under the back seat of my 302. Was working on the outside of boat this weekend and noticed alot of rattle from the engine compartment. Anyone have any tips to get rid of it.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

you need to correctly port your rear seat enclosure now. I had the same problem with my 25OL. The subs are pushing air under the seat and expanding the rear panel by the motor. Craig your seat a little and you will notice the rattle disappears.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Registered

Tried that, still does it with the seat completely open.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Registered

verify its not your louvers on the exterior of the boat where it draws fresh air into the engine comp...mine rattled once i added subs...i just had to dab some clear silicon under them and it stopped.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:08 PM
Registered

I put one JL 10 under mine last year (free air) and yes the front panel does rattle, even with the seat opened up. I tried to seal around the gaps hoping this would cure it, but it didn't. I have the whole stereo out of the boat this spring to redo it, so I'm going to try to fix the problem again. I am probably going to take the front panel off the seat and try to silicon between the frame and the panel, then put the sub in a enclosed box and put it all back together. Not sure if this will be enough, but hope so. The JL didn't hit near as hard as I thought it would free-air.