procharger

Notices

procharger

Old 04-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
How is this different from the new owner?? lol
Well if i bough the boat from the original owner, i would of gotten well versed on the system from him, But I have had very little conversation with the initial owner and he told me what he could remember. I am trying to at least make an attempt to understand the system and to make sure it is set up correctly.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Registered

I would make sure timing is no greater then 30 degrees. Make sure the fuel system is like Jason says. Make sure spark plugs are cool-cold ones. List the sparkplug that is installed now and someone will know if that is the correct one to be using.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts

I think you will be fine. Yes its good you are doing your homework. Remember to run good fresh fuel, 93 octane
Old 04-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I would make sure timing is no greater then 30 degrees. Make sure the fuel system is like Jason says. Make sure spark plugs are cool-cold ones. List the sparkplug that is installed now and someone will know if that is the correct one to be using.
I am not sure on the type of spark plugs. THe mechanic has the boat right now and is putting the new steeering on it. I will check with him though. Spark plugs make a difference?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I think you will be fine. Yes its good you are doing your homework. Remember to run good fresh fuel, 93 octane
The sticker on the boat says nothing under 91 octane, but i usually use the max octane 93, or the highest at the pump above 91

thanks ,

I am getting well versed with all this vaulable information from all of you. I really appreciate the valuable information.

Thanks jj

ps: my boat engine really appreciates it and my wallet as well
Old 04-22-2012, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
Well if i bough the boat from the original owner, i would of gotten well versed on the system from him, But I have had very little conversation with the initial owner and he told me what he could remember. I am trying to at least make an attempt to understand the system and to make sure it is set up correctly.
huh you are saying one thing and then saying just the opposite does the original owner know anything or not
Old 04-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
huh you are saying one thing and then saying just the opposite does the original owner know anything or not
When I talked to the original owner, we didn't go into depth about the procharger. He mentioned a few things but , I didn't ask him becasue I didn't know adding this to your engine was this complicated. After talking to everyone on this site, it made me start to think about the set up. The original owner said he had a man that was into car racing in rochester, put it on for him. After talking to people here, some said you can't trust what procharger tell you to do. It is just making me alittle nervouse. After hearing that , I was thinking who can you trust when putting one on. I just want to make sure my set up is fine and i won't have any problems. After the system was originally put on it ran fine for 2 years. When the owner put it on a new 502 he blew the engine in 1/2 hr. he said his fuel pump **** the bed. After a new engine and fuel pump, like i said the boat ran fine for 2 years. I ran it last year and no problems. I don't do poker runs and i don't race the boat. Maybe i am not pushing it hard enought to have problems. Or there are no problems and i am over paranoid. The owner did not install it himself.

jj
Old 04-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

If your Mechanic needs to call Pro-charger for set-up advice find anew mechanic-SERIOUSLY!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 AM
Registered

Default procharger

Originally Posted by articfriends
If your Mechanic needs to call Pro-charger for set-up advice find anew mechanic-SERIOUSLY!

In my area, these type of boats are far and few. My resources are limited. My mechanic just moved to a different marina. The owner at the marina used to race boats and is familiar, with the prochargers and his other mechanic has installed them at that location. Just after reading some of the threads. I am just trying to cover all my bases and not have any problems. So I am trying to do the best i can to make sure my set up is correct. It just seems after reading some of these threads, who do you trust with this type of work. It sounds like even some professional are not reliable. You would think call procharger would be a reliable source since they build them, and know them inside and out, but a thread on here said no, and i talked to a race shop in tenn. and they said they don't know anything. I am just doing my best
Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by conneroutlaw
In my area, these type of boats are far and few. My resources are limited. My mechanic just moved to a different marina. The owner at the marina used to race boats and is familiar, with the prochargers and his other mechanic has installed them at that location. Just after reading some of the threads. I am just trying to cover all my bases and not have any problems. So I am trying to do the best i can to make sure my set up is correct. It just seems after reading some of these threads, who do you trust with this type of work. It sounds like even some professional are not reliable. You would think call procharger would be a reliable source since they build them, and know them inside and out, but a thread on here said no, and i talked to a race shop in tenn. and they said they don't know anything. I am just doing my best
I'm not faulting you its just you don't want a mechanic to LEARN on your boat at your exspense. I bought a m-3sc Procharger brand new for my 2000 272 Baja 10 years ago, I have learned it IS true that Procharger tech support is completely USELESS. You could call there 3 times, ask the same question to 3 different guys and every answer would be different and probably NONE of them would be correct. The blower itself is a nice piece, the supporting equipment is not.
Install O2 sensor bungs on your exhaust, have a 02 meter on it and drive it around and watch your afr's, if waay off then have ecu re-tuned or turn fuel pressure up/down as needed IF its rich or lean acrossed the board (never is though), and you will have a safe, decent set-up. Have someone read the plugs after a wot run and see how they look too if concerned, Smitty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.