Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Any One Want To Make Their Baja Sound BAD ASS! >

Any One Want To Make Their Baja Sound BAD ASS!

Notices

Any One Want To Make Their Baja Sound BAD ASS!

Old 06-27-2002, 01:56 PM
MIdnightRider

Talking Any One Want To Make Their Baja Sound BAD ASS!

I found another set of Stelling Dry Tail Pipes that fit my old 250 Sport perfect. They bolt straight to the stock cast manifolds, and have the perfect length and angle to go though the existing transom holes. I even have a brand new set of gill rings for the transom holes to keep it sealed. Then you just put salsbury flaps on them. It makes you boat go from stock to Pro-Mod in like two hours. Anyone that ever heard my old Midnight Rider Baja in Grand Haven knows. And they look hot in your engine compartment, all polished. If you have questions or interest just email me @ [email protected], I can come up with some pics. Something around 300. Midnight

Old 06-27-2002, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please forgive my ignorace. What happens to the water that was normally expelled through the pipes? Do you have to install an overboard discharge? I'm curious becasue the dry pipes sound cool.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Sean, the water is usually dumped out of a port at the top of the exhaust port or from a seperate port.

Midnight,

intersted in a straight trade for some gil's with under 40 hrs on them??

Tank
Old 06-28-2002, 04:38 AM
MIdnightRider

The pipes are water jacketed, so you do have to make transom discharge holes. I used bilge fittings, and they spit out over the swim platform, its nice because you always can tell whether or not your boat is pumping water. As far as actually showing the water routing I would half to draw it out. But these are an extra set from a twin engine boat, one went with my Baja, and the other is sitting at the shop. I was just thinking about them the other day and thought they would make someone a nice piece. I dont want to trade, no use for the stuff. My current boat runs headers. But if anyone is interested I will get some pics this weekend. Midnight

Old 06-28-2002, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tank and Midnight for the responses. It's nice to learn something new about boating everyday. Have a great weekend!!!