Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Baja
Help - Are Bomar Hatches for 30/35 OLs "special"? >

Help - Are Bomar Hatches for 30/35 OLs "special"?

Notices

Help - Are Bomar Hatches for 30/35 OLs "special"?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help - Are Bomar Hatches for 30/35 OLs "special"?

So, the little "mushroom" cap that goes onto the Bomar Deck hatch from the top (outside), which the inside latch screws into came loose and flew out.

I've been having a hard time finding this specific "mushroom" cap. I have talked to the folks at Bomar/Pompanette twice, and both times they assured me they were sending me the correct cap. But, both times, I ended up with incorrect one. The one they sent me both times are a grooved hard rubbery cap. It works, but does not match the others and looks odd. The grooved hard rubbery one also sits above the hatch. But, the ones that are on the boat originally are metal and sit flush with the hatch.

The first picture shows the proper cap, which I cannot find anywhere.

The second picture shows the hard rubbery grooved cap which Pompanette sent me (twice!).

Has anyone been able to buy the proper metal flush-mount cap as shown in the first picture.

As I said, I physically talked to Bomar/Pompanette and they just don't understand what I'm asking. I also emailed the pictures to them explaining what I'm looking for, but no response.

Thanks in advance!

Ed
Attached Thumbnails Help - Are Bomar Hatches for 30/35 OLs "special"?-bomar_cap_correct_flushmount.jpg   Help - Are Bomar Hatches for 30/35 OLs "special"?-bomar_cap_incorrect_grooved.jpg  
Old 05-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I really the only idiot who has lost one of these caps!?