Notices

35 OL's

Old 05-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts
Default 35 OL's

If you were in the market for a liner 35 Outlaw that may or may not have had "issues"...was checked out by a survayer and came with a clean bill of health would you still buy it or pass for the right deal?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What do you mean "may or may not have had" ?

Depends how you think it has been used and how you plan to use it.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35

My opinion probably wont matter, but I will say that I have had a 29,33, 36, and am now in a 35 outlaw. I have spent time in all of them and ran them all in that washing mashine they call LOTO. Out of all of them I would take the 35. Best layout, great ride, good boat for everything. It has the best of all the others combined. I would buy another one in a second.
Hope it works out for you either way.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replies... I worked/sold Baja for many years and have driven them all, Poker Ran 33's and one 35. I love the lines of the 35 and the one I have in mind looks and has everything I would want (except for blue power but that is a heck of a premium on ins. here on the gulf coast). Rumor has it that the boat was one of the liner boats that suposidly had issues (crack) that was fixed twice but have not 100% completely confirmed that yet....that is where my question comes in. Most of the liner boats have bad raps but there were good ones as well. Just scared from a possible future re-sale point as the one I am looking at has been on the mkt forever.

Like LOTO I boat in a washing machine as well...Conroe is solid bulk heads and big boats (Fountains, Cigs, NorTechs, Donzi's, Sea Ray Cruisers etc. Not uncommon for 2'ers + of slop/whitecap any given weekend. The 29 we have is an awesome boat but we get the snot kicked out of us on the weekend at times and it's fun as hell to drive but the wife gets a little leary sometimes, heck the gulf of Mx. is even smoother then our lake...funny as when I grew up out there I remember boating in an 83 Wellcraft 166 "Elete" with 115 Johnson kicker on the back and it was flat water back then...man how times change.

Anyway thanks for the feedback, any more is much appreciated.

Dave
Old 05-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

You might check with Outlaw Ed and see what kind of experiences he has had with his.
Jay
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Registered

Like LOTO I boat in a washing machine as well...Conroe is solid bulk heads and big boats (Fountains, Cigs, NorTechs, Donzi's, Sea Ray Cruisers etc. Not uncommon for 2'ers + of slop/whitecap any given weekend.

Dave[/QUOTE]

I never thought 2 footers was really that rough.... Lol.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by puzzleboy
Like LOTO I boat in a washing machine as well...Conroe is solid bulk heads and big boats (Fountains, Cigs, NorTechs, Donzi's, Sea Ray Cruisers etc. Not uncommon for 2'ers + of slop/whitecap any given weekend.

Dave
I never thought 2 footers was really that rough.... Lol.[/QUOTE]

2 footers on lake erie are just fun now the 7's and 8's those suck
Old 05-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN

Anyway thanks for the feedback, any more is much appreciated.

Dave
Going from a 29 Outlaw to a 35 Outlaw, 2 big things you will appreciate is all the extra room in the cockpit and the extra room in front of the engines.

I love the lines of the 35 as well. Here is one of my favorite pictures. This was one day in Ft Myers "testing" when we accidentally joined a poker run.
Attached Thumbnails 35 OL's-pr08medium.jpg  
Old 05-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an "original" (aka liner) 35 Outlaw. In fact, it was one of the earliest 35 Outlaws. Ski Dock received it in Oct-ish 2005. They got it painted, installed CMIs, and some other goodies and had it ready for the 2006 Austin boat show. I bought it new from them in Oct 2006.

I've had my share of stupid motor problems, nothing serious, just annoying stuff. But, instead of letting others work on it, I do it all myself now and everything is pretty much perfect these days.

Absolutely no hull problems. It feels as solid as the day I bought it.

2-3 footers make this boat fun! With no stepped hull, you gotta get air under it somehow. I've even had it in 12-footers on the way to Bimini a couple of years ago (I have to admit - 12-footers - not fun!).

It's not officially for sale, but as everyone knows, anything can be had for the right price! Not sure which one you're looking at, but, although I may be biased, mine is the best looking one out there!

Ed
Attached Thumbnails 35 OL's-truck_boat2_small.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered

TEAM BAJA and Outlaw Ed thanks for the reply....

When I worked for Marine Max I headed up anything and everything Baja. I had a new 33 every year that was my promo boat/poker run boat and my last year there we had a 35 OL with 525's in it so I am very familiar with the boats however when I left the boat biz (un-willingly) it was before the "issues" with liner boats except for the issues with the 20 OL's at the time. I know for a fact that there were some real problem childs out there especially with a few 405's. That all being said not knowing the history of some of the boats is tough since there really isn't such a thing as "carfax" or guarantee's out there on used boats.

Ed I know your boat very well. Del Waters and I are friends...I actually worked the boat show your boat was in back in the day when Ski Dock had it. Tied off with you a few times as well in Devils Cove.

Last edited by HOSSMAN; 05-09-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Corrected my comment. I "would" like to look at them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.